This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Back pain, lower.....

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Back pain, lower.....

Postby BigBill » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:19 pm

Since i'm on meds fpor pain in my legs my pain in my back wasn't noticed but my walking distance and standing was becomming less and less. All of a sudden it just snuck up on me. I need to see a doctor soon. Now i can only stand or walk for a very short distance like from the house to the car in the driveway. Has anyone had back pain like this before?
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

daddydip
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19320
eBay ID: 2001fltri
Tractors Owned: CC108
1948 farmall f cub
1955 farmall f cub
1955 international lo boy
1952 vai case
2005 236B Caterpillar
1999 TDI Jetta MK IV I like!
2008 H.D FLTRI

Re: Back pain, lower.....

Postby daddydip » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:19 pm

Bill, I had a gait analysis done at the VA and they said that I may benefit from inserts in my shoes to help with the lower back, hip pain. I have to go for my appointment yet. What we take for granted is a science to some.I know that I keep the fat wallet off the hip because it really can set things up for a bad day.
One Life , One Love , A Love Supreme

The only thing new is untold history, Harry Truman

Rob in NH
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03848
eBay ID: panelbeata
Tractors Owned: 1947 circle cub
1950 cub demonstrator
1957 cub
1967 cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Rob in NH » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:23 pm

i messed up my back last april, the pain was bad but then i started having pain down one leg to the knee. it was the worst, i didn't sleep more than 2 hrs a nite for 2 weeks. i ended having physical therapy and it really helped. hope you feel better because i know what you are feeling.

Jay M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13337
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farm-All Cub

Postby Jay M » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:12 pm

I think body pain is the result of all the stupid things I did when I was young and a commination of growing old. I go to a chiropractor once a month to get pounded back together. Now days it takes all day to do what I used to do all day. I work around our small farm for a few hours before the pain starts. My back begins to hurt and I bend over like a person that has kissed too many short women. Next my knee starts to fail and I have fallen a few times. Then I stop and help the wife with dinner. That really hurts standing around the kitchen helping with the cooking. We finally set down to eat, (takes about an hr.) When I get up to do the dishes I discover that rigamortus (sp?) has sent in. I go to bed, then in the morning I do it all over again. That's life!

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:50 pm

Jay M wrote:...Now days it takes all day to do what I used to do all day...

I can understand that. It still take me all day to do that.

Jay M wrote:I think body pain is the result of all the stupid things I did...I stop and help the wife with dinner. That really hurts standing around the kitchen helping with the cooking...When I get up to do the dishes I discover that rigamortus (sp?) has sent in...

I think I might have figured out the problem! :lol:
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:47 pm

When i was building machines i would pick up the heavy parts to assemble the machine quicker so i could rest the rest of the shift. In the test lab i picked up a 321# lb sheeve and put on the elevator gear box. Besides logging for well over 30+ years. When i was a kid and rebuilding the chevy 396/427 engines i would pick up the empty block and put it on the work bench to assemble by myself.

I'm going to get steroid injections soon. The pan was down my legs for all these many years with me thinking it was my knees causing the problem. My knees hurt too but my lower back now is killing me, I dont fall asleep till the sun comes up. My tractors are stting there waiting for me to fix them. I just want the pain to stop and get my tractors running.

I carried the bags of groceries in the house tonight and now my back feels like jello and the pain is full on. Even with the pain meds the pain is still there. I may need to start drinking again.....
Last edited by BigBill on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:51 pm

Bill,

I am fortunate, two steel pins and eight screws solved my back problem. In my case, doing stupid things didn't help any. Good luck.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:22 am

Lift with your legs not your back!!!!!!. Lifting the amount of weight you said, I expect the lumbar disk are shot in your lower back, also if you are over weight that will add to the problem.
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:10 am

i will second what Boss Hog said about lifting the heavy weights and being overweight causing back problems. I am a prime example of both.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:24 am

No knees, lower back pain are two of the things that really dog me day after day and have for almost 35 years now. Blew em out in the military ... wish the pain retired when I did :lol: . Up to 04 I was able to take NSAID's for the knees and back, but since the OHS and now the strokes, the only thing I can take is Tylenol -- whooppee ding :roll: that don't do squat :( .

For me it has been a long long road of learning to get over it and get on with it. No use parkin it cause then I would never get anything done and probably would be in a box in 6 months. So... it is something that my mind has been trained to ignore as best as possible. Don't always work.

What I used to be able to do in an hour takes me all day at least, what used to take me a day now can take a week or more. The upside is that at least I can still do some of it and that is a major plus. I have never really been overweight -- a little on the round side at times, but I find I feel the best at around 165-170. So far I have lost almost 10lbs and have about 15 more to go to get to the 170 goal.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64784

Postby jim turner » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:31 pm

Whew! Now I am not so scared, as all of the above is me and I am only 75, every day I'm gonna work on my tractors well some days I do a little and some days I do nothing, the back and legs hurt real bad at times and I too can only take tylnol which does nothing, but I think the secret is keep keepin on. :lol:
Jim Turner

v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053

Postby v w » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:48 am

I have had back surgery, my grandfather had a bad back, a niece has had surgery and a nephew, cousin of niece not a brother, has had back surgery so it may not all be misuse of our backs but maybe some not so strong parts. Back pain is the worst and I have seperated a shoulder and had a knee replaced and they don't begin to compare. Good luck for a pain free future everybody. Vern

Goraidh (Jeff)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04236
Tractors Owned: '49 Cub "Jessie"
'64 Cub "Alex"

Postby Goraidh (Jeff) » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:56 pm

Anyone who's had back issues can sympathize with you. Hope you get feeling better soon.
'49 Cub (#77786) "Jessie"
"64 Farmall Cub (#224657) "Alex"
Woods 42C-6
C-3 mower
Cub 54 Blade
193 Moldboard plow
Cub L-38 disc harrow
Cub-144 Cultivator
Cordwood Saw

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:15 pm

It comes and goes now after the first round of shots. (sterpoids) I just went to the PT people and she said i may need one more round of shots. (phyiscal therapy) sorry for the missed spelled.

daddydip
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19320
eBay ID: 2001fltri
Tractors Owned: CC108
1948 farmall f cub
1955 farmall f cub
1955 international lo boy
1952 vai case
2005 236B Caterpillar
1999 TDI Jetta MK IV I like!
2008 H.D FLTRI

Postby daddydip » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:56 am

I start physical therapy for the back this afternoon, 2x a week for thirty days then reassessment. Hopefully I can get back to the needle doc it helped the hip tremendously.
One Life , One Love , A Love Supreme

The only thing new is untold history, Harry Truman

Return to “Off Topic”