This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Ebay Snipe Tip

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Ebay Snipe Tip

Postby WKPoor » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:36 pm

Since the Tug went I was reading you guys comments about sniping on Ebay. There is a very easy way to snipe down to the last second even on a modem line. I usually have a bid in the last 1-5 sec. Here's how you do it. Set up 2 or more windows on your desktop( I've had up to 4 at one time which is about the max) on the same pg. Then go ahead and put in your bid or bid increments on the other pages at the confirm point. The first pg is just for refresh to see where its at. Now with practice you can time your connection so that literally your ready to click your bid at the last second. I've been in on this where the winning bid will come in less than a second to go. With multiple pages up you can start the process say 15sec before and tweak up till the end without over bidding.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:52 pm

Hmmmmm .... Gotta try that sometime !!
Ron

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:56 pm

I got my own system. I bid what I am willing to give, and I get it or I don't, sniping will not change that. I see no sense in trying to make a competition out of it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:57 pm

I agree with John. I place my bid based on what I am willing to pay. If I get beat, I get beat. To my way of thinking, people that snipe, just want to win the game, regardless of what it is that they are buying, or what it cost.

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:00 pm

Something I want to clarify. When you set up your windows on the desktop minimize them and size to fit your screen so that they are all in view at the same time. Then just click on the first page and keep refreshing that one till you get comfortable with the speed. When it gets down to the end keep clicking refresh and time it to roll the mouse over and BANG! your bid is in at the very last second.
Of course you could always do the sensable thing like John does and bid once for what you'll pay. Problem is I never get anything that way -hmmmm- :? :?

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:04 pm

Paul, The other side is that by proxy bid you might pay more because someone will always drive you to your max. before letting go. This way you wait and see whats happening at the end just like if you where there.

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:30 pm

I agree with Bill. Why bid on something if you don't want it ??? The object IS to win with the least amount of $$. SO, if you wait till the last second and bid your maximum amount, your chances are better to succeed and end up with something you desire. If your bidding JUST to win, there are better and more exciting things to do with your "excess" money...............
Ron

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:02 pm

The only reason I snipe-bid is to get items cheaper. I learned a long time ago that bidding wars can cost much more. I just won a bid an hour ago with 9-seconds left and it was well under my top bid. I do it all with My "ATOMIC~CLOCK" which matches eBays clock to the nano-second. Only way I usually get beat is by a sniping service.
Then came Bronson

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:51 pm

:? I think its kinda neat to go back and look at the past bid count on an somthing. But I like to wait to the last minute or two see what is happpning bid what I can if I get it great if not I well mabe next week another one will be their. I don't gamble or play cards but e-pay is a rush for me.

John I'm going down to Ohio to pick up those 189 plows you gave me the low down on, on sunday. :D
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Return to “Off Topic”