This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Just Venting (Unimportant Post)

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Just Venting (Unimportant Post)

Postby Merlin » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:35 am

Hi all. This has been one heck of a year. Does anyone have a tall building I could borrow so I can jump off it? First, I'm glad to see George and Rudi are doing well. Keep up the good work and GOD bless you. Between Christmas and now I have been sick, and my wife has been in the hospital twice. Shes still in bed though. My brother fell in early Feb. and broke his hip. Hes 79 and lived alone. They replaced his hip and guess who hes living with now. He was renting a house so I had to get someone to move his stuff into my garage. Now I can't walk into my garage. Theres still a Cub buried somewhere in there. All my kids work but try to help some, but the load is on me. I told my brother and wife that I don't care if syrup goes to a dollar a sop, I'm taking today off. My daughter is coming to cook something later today. My angina is getting worse by the day, so I guess they will have a turn with me pretty soon again. I tried to start my lawn mower a few minutes ago and it wouldn't turn over. Hooked a battery directly to the starter and it just clicked, so the starter must be bad. And so on, and so on, and so on. Sorry for the rant, but I feel better now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:29 pm

Merlin,

I think this is an important post. Anytime you need to vent I'm sure no one here minds. As a matter of fact, most people on this board will help you out.

Things WILL get better :!: just hang in there. 8)

Kevin
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kevin » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:39 pm

Merlin
hope it made you feel better also hope your luck starts to turn around soon
god bless you and your family
:D :D
Kevin's 49er

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:39 pm

Merlin,

Donny's right! Hang in there. As I think you know, there are many friends here pulling and praying for you. I'm sorry you don't have the advantage Rudi and I do... a healthy wife as a caregiver. Marilyn has been ignoring her own health problems to look out for me.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:56 pm

Merlin From a damyankee. (yes i know it is one word). Better get out than have it bottled up till you explode. One of of guys on the forum has a saying. Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% what I do with it. Just give a big ole Rebel yell and then tear into one little part of it. When that is fixed try another little part. Ignore the rest of it till you are satisfied with the little part you are looking at. That way you get joy out of the part is better, and don't eat yourself up worring about the whole dam thing.
I worked with a guy from Louisiana in the Aleution Islands Alaska. John was talking with a guy from the Bronx (part of NYC) He was telling a story about a lawg, Ralph didn't understand. so John said lawg as in dawg. Ralph still didn't get it so he said spell it, John very angry answered Dam it yank if I can't say it I can't spell it..
Broke the whole gang up. Pick one good part and concentrate on that.
Beverly and I will pray for you and all yours for a speedy and successful recovery. I am sure that every one else on the board is too.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:59 pm

Merlin, Hang in there buddy! Lots of folks from all over are praying for you. Especially from the Buckeye State! You have to gather a bunch of cubs together so I'll have an excuse to make another trip down south.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:12 pm

Who changed title to unimportant post. Cub owner is more important than any old wore out Cub. You are on my pray list now. Check your e-mail from me.
Young man for work, old man for advice

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:37 pm

:P Merlin these past post replies to your VENT are all great thoughtful answers & suggestions and I will tag mine on them as my feelings to each reply if the fellers dont mind me using them as a Proxy. I sure hope your Cub family here has lifted your spirits up till this crisis of yours blows over. :arrow:
Then came Bronson

Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Merlin » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:25 am

Thanks to you all. When a person gets down, he has friends to pick him up, and you all have. I'm going to start this morning knowing someone is thinking of us and praying for us and I'm not alone after all. OK, here I go. I'll try to get the time to come back later.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:04 pm

Merlin:

My friend, you are in Em's and my prayers and shall be for a long as needed -- forever should be about right. I know how you feel with the angina - it can be very very dibilitating as well as depressing. Especially when one cannot do what one is used to and what one wants to do or has to do.

Be of good cheer my friend. You have many good people here praying for you and cheering you on. When it gets a little heavy and you are feeling alone, remember that the Lord is right there. Not beside you, in front of or behind you - but carrying you in his arms to lighten your burden. His love for each of us is so great that He tries to comfort each of us in our pain and lighten our loads.

Your wife and your brother are both blessed that they have someone as loving as you to take care of them in their time of need. Be assured, that when it is your time, people with hearts filled with love will be there to help you as well.

Know that you are blessed as is each of the Lord's sheep are.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:10 pm

Glad you see how much all of us pray and feel for you. I remember in August 1941 when my Uncle Gene was in camp Claiborne (hope i spelled it right) my father took us all to see hid kid brother who was drafted before WWII started. I remember that near Alexandria there were many creeks, and swamps. For a 9 year old it was like heaven. Corse it would be tough to grow any more that gators and water mocasins but brother bob and I thought it was great. Wish Bob was still here with us.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Off Topic”