This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Who can guess what this old car is?

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Vern Campbell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04664
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub

Postby Vern Campbell » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:31 pm

Here's a picture of my son Luke standing next to my 1948 Buick Roadmaster 70 series. It has the straight 8 with the dual Stromberg carbs.
The '48 predates the side portholes. It has the side opening hood, so it has the chrome handles on each side instead. I guess I'm destined to own cars and tractors without holes. :D :D
Vern
[img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/55cub/.jpg[/img][/img]
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.--Will Rogers

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:27 pm

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.--Will Rogers

Vern,

Help is at hand at least for those with satelite TV. According to the promos, Mythbusters will disprove the electric fence thing tomorrow night. They plan to prove once and for all that peeing on an electric fence is completely harmless!!!!!!!! :shock: Once they have proved it we can all feel free to try it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:32 pm

You go ahead George. I'll stand back and watch. Way back. If it doesn't work the first time put some dielectric grease on it.
To sample that you need more brass than that guy in Australia having a fit with e bay.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Vern Campbell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04664
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub

Postby Vern Campbell » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:01 pm

George, I want to see that for myself! :D Now, I've never even thought of trying it, but in one of my History classes a few years ago, my topic was the Greek philosophers. After discussing them, I gave my students the assignment of thinking about and sharing their own personal philosophies. One lad was stuck on how to express himself, so I gave him a collection of observations of my favorite, Will Rogers. He came across this one, and said, "Mr. Campbell, he's sure right about this. I tried it and it hurt!" I asked him if he was pulling my leg, and his buddy said that not only did it hurt the first kid, but it hurt him when he tried it afterwards! :shock: I don't always get the sharpest knives in the drawer. :D
Vern

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:19 pm

I can tell you from experience, they'll do it backwards from how it would really work.

Having been around big animals that pee when you are unable to escape the flow, I can tell you the stream breaks up into droplets. Broken circuit. Unless you're just about touching that wire, you won't can't get shocked. Let's say you're about 5 years old and peeing on the fence. Then someone (like an older brother) pushes you from behind. You grab the electric wire to keep from eating fence. ZAPP

That's how you get shocked when peeing on the fence.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:44 pm

Is urine conductive?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:48 pm

Water with minerals in it is conductive, I'd guess that urine is very conductive.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

sviennadan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby sviennadan » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:35 pm

ljw wrote:CHP!!!!!!!! Who can ever forget Broderick Crawford in HIGHWAY PATROL?? Standing by that big Buick with the mike in his hand. I was just a kid then!

ljw

Lieutenant Dan Matthews, with his call sign being 2150. Great show.

Return to “Off Topic”