Bored In Meridian

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
1. Keep it clean.
2. Keep the discussion civil.
3. Name calling is not allowed.

Politics and religion are two topics that tend to degenerate into a violation of one of the three simple rules above.

The mods and the site admin reserve the right to "lock" or "delete" any discussion that in our opinion, is "heading in the wrong direction."

MOST of all, be respectful of your fellow Cubber's opinions. Don't expect to change someones belief system from a simple forum on the internet.

Bored In Meridian

Postby Donny M » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:06 pm

Last night I was dirving west on I-20 when the alternator light on my truck came on. I pulled over (no power brakes or power steering :( ) and much to my disappointment I found the belt shredded to pieces. I called an auto parts house in Meridian and they had a belt. When I went to install the belt I noticed the tensioner was in pieces :cry: :cry: No one in town has the tensioner so I had to order one. I should get it later tonight.

I was going to meet up with hr's 49 in Monroe, LA last night so I called him to let him know I wouldn't make it. Harold spent about 40 minutes trying to find a tensioner for me. Thanks Harold for your help :!: :!:

I've driven this truck for over 270K miles and this is the first time it's let me down. I hate to replace it as it runs great and gets 22 mpg :!: :!: Pretty good for a 3/4 ton 4x4 :!: :!:
Donny M

Postby Cub-Bud » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:15 pm

Hey Donny,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. :(

Is it Meridian, MS where you are bored :?:

If so, you are in the hometown of PEAVEY Electronics. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman
Cub-Bud
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Donny M » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:21 pm

Yeah Bud I'm in Meridian, MS.

Do you think Peavey could adapt a speaker to work as a belt tensioner :?: :lol: :lol: 8)
Donny M

Postby beaconlight » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:45 pm

Hey lots of time for the red iron with no truck.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop
beaconlight
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Zip Code: 10314

Postby Harold R » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:06 am

Yeah, that part must not be a "fast mover" in the parts houses. Noboby had it in stock. I wish I could have helped.
Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Zip Code: 71058
Tractors Owned: 1948,50,53, and 56 Farmall Cubs
1969 International Cub
Circle of Safety Award

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:12 am

Hey Donnie,

Have you made it out of Meridian yet :?:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman
Cub-Bud
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Circle of Safety Award

Postby Donny M » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:19 am

As of 10:14 am I'm still here. The part was supposed to get here yesterday at 3 pm. The truck got in at 5. Funny thing is the paper work was on the truck but not the part. They told me to call back this morning at 10. I called and now they tell me 11:30. I watched the most football I've ever watched in one day yesterday. What will I do today :?: 8) not very 8)
Donny M

Postby Donny M » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:00 pm

Finally :!: :!: :!: It's funny that a part that takes less than 10 minutes to install can hold you up for days. I'm mobile again :D :D and heading west 8)
Donny M

Return to Off Topic