Heading to Michigan

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
1. Keep it clean.
2. Keep the discussion civil.
3. Name calling is not allowed.

Politics and religion are two topics that tend to degenerate into a violation of one of the three simple rules above.

The mods and the site admin reserve the right to "lock" or "delete" any discussion that in our opinion, is "heading in the wrong direction."

MOST of all, be respectful of your fellow Cubber's opinions. Don't expect to change someones belief system from a simple forum on the internet.

Heading to Michigan

Postby farmallcub49 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:55 am

I need some advice from you traveling experts, especially those who have travelled through Chicago. I am heading from Mn to Michigan and will have to pass through Chicago. I am wondering if I am better off taking the toll road around the city or taking 94 right through the city. My biggest concern is safety. I will be pulling my 18 ft trailer along with me on our way to get my next purchase, which you will all hear about real soon. What's a toll run on that road, 294?

Thanks
farmallcub49
501 Club
501 Club

Zip Code: 56374
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:23 pm

With a trailer, I would take I-294 (tri state) around Chicago rather than through downtown ( I've done both). The tolls are 50-60 cents for a car, twice that for a car/truck and two axle trailer, and there are several toll plazas depending on where you get on it. The time of day will make a big difference and be advised that there is construction on I-80/94 as you get to the IN line.
Paul B
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety Award

Postby farmallcub49 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:07 pm

Thanks, Paul
That is what I was considering.
'41 A, '49 Cub, '58 LoBoy,'61 LoBoy, '61 Modified LoBoy, '61 Customized LoBoy, way to many attachments, '22 Centerdoor Sedan, '24 Ford T Roadster, '25 Ford TT, '24 C Cab, '13 Touring, '24 Model T Snowmobile,
farmallcub49
501 Club
501 Club

Zip Code: 56374
Circle of Safety Award

Return to Off Topic