This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

DONT GIVE-UP YOUR GUNS

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:12 pm

One of the biggest problems with the educational system is parents that don't back up and reinforce what the school does. A lot of kids don't know how the government works but they don't know much of anything else either. There are kids that come out of school knowing something. Same school, what is the difference? -- the parents.

The other night Jay Leno did one of his "Point, What's Your Point?" routines where he brings in 2 idiots off the street and asks them simple questions. This time both idiots agreed that Bush won the prior debate -- because they liked his red tie. (Bush wasn't even wearing a red tie.)

Keep in mind that unless the reporter, poet, campus organizer and lawyer exercise the rights and freedoms, it is as if they didn't exist and they will cease to exist just as surely as if no soldier defended them.

Let me throw in one more opinion that is off of the main stream. I am not sure I feel that bad about low voter turnouts. With some of the idiots that are out running loose, I don't think I want them voting. Anyone that doesn't understand the importance of it and won't do it on their own, I don't want to drag to the polls.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 41005
Tractors Owned: Near 200 cubs through the years

Postby Ralph » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:14 pm

:roll: Now Me I Belive in total gun control :twisted:

8) And gun control to me means hitting your target :wink:

went target shooting with my two sons today ;(12 and 14)
We all shot a wide variety of weapons and I have to say we all did verry well out of a couple hundred shots there was only about a dozen misses.

If they come after mine I ain't gonna lock-em up I'm gonna Load-um up
Shoot low Sherriff they are Riding Shadows
4 Wheels move the body.....
2 Wheels move the Soul .....

Ralph in ky.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:11 pm

Jim Becker wrote:

Let me throw in one more opinion that is off of the main stream. I am not sure I feel that bad about low voter turnouts. With some of the idiots that are out running loose, I don't think I want them voting. Anyone that doesn't understand the importance of it and won't do it on their own, I don't want to drag to the polls.

Jim,

I agree with this more than you can imagine. To take it a step farther... I think the right to vote would best be granted after passing some kind of simple test regarding basic understanding. This might require people to think a bit about candidates who simply claim to have totally impossible "plans" to appeal to the "masses".

The popular tactic of recruiting and encouraging the uninformed to vote simply to increase the numbers doesn't serve any good purpose and is harmful to us all.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:35 pm

Guess I may as well stick my 2 cents in also. I pretty well agree with what has been said, but I have gotten very cynical regarding politicians and the supreme court. I think one of the biggest mistakes ever made happened a few years ago when the supreme court stated that politicans couldn't be held liable for statements they made while camapigning. It pretty much gave politicians a license to say anything they wanted without fearing the conseqences.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:06 pm

Ralph wrote:
And gun control to me means hitting your target

And to me...being able to use both hands :!: 8)

I belive in the evolution of politics...From men to monkeys :!:

Not 8)

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:02 am

I believe that people should be more involved in politics, but it seems like it's the the "good ol' boys club" nowadays. Once you join the club, you are obligated to fall in line with the others and conform to the local political dogma. In our county, we have a county commissioner running for office without his party's support because he spoke up against what he considered to be unfair practices within his own party. I am going to vote for him.
I'm not a hunter, but I allow hunting on my property. I own guns that I would use to protect myself. And Mr. Willer made me feel guilty because I keep saying that I will apply for a concealed weapon but haven't done so yet. The only reason necessary for doing it is just because I can.
In our current society, we are saying that the people don't have enough sense to control the use of their guns, so the government must do it for them. If you think about it, this philosophy extends to many other issues. Smokers were tricked into smoking by tobacco companies, etc., etc., etc.
But I think that this is a collective "our" fault. I was too busy earning a living to be concerned with politics. Or I didn't want to because a clique controlled the organization and I was from the south end of town.
What disturbs me the most is that there appears to be a line drawn between the left and the right. Why can't we just pick and choose what ever planks we want from both of the parties platforms, and vote for the person that most meets our needs. The parties think we are cattle to be herded because that is the impression we give them.
I was in grade school during the Kennedy-Nixon debates and even then I personally thought Nixon had won the debate. But Kennedy was 8) . I'm not taking anything away from Kennedy, but remember what he said during his inaugural address? "Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country." People seem to have forgotten that a Democrat said this. My $.02.
ljw

Joker555
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Joker555 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:46 pm

WOW :!: :!:
YOU GUYS SURE HAVE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD WHEN IT COMES TO GUN CONTROL :!: :!:
And it sure seems to be a very good topic for those of us who care about our FAMILY first.
Like we chanted in the USMC, "GOD!! COUNTRY!! CORPS!!
GOD, of coarse, being a member of our family.
I totally agree that if kerry is elected, this country would be worse off.

SEMPER FI

Dave (69 lo-boy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23047

Postby Dave (69 lo-boy) » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:06 pm

If guns cause crime, then lighters must cause arson :D

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:36 pm

a. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
b. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
c. Smith &Wesson: The original point and click interface.
d. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
e. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?
f. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
g. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
h. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.
i. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
j. The United StatesConstitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.
k. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand.
l. The Second Amendment is in place in case they ignore the others.
m. 64,999,987 firearm owners killed no one yesterday.
n. Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Politicians.
o. Know guns, Know peace and safety. No guns, no peace nor safety.
p. You don't shoot to kill; You shoot to stay alive.
q. 911 - A date to remember always.
r. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
s. Criminals love gun control - it makes their jobs safer.
t. If Guns cause Crime, then Matches cause Arson.
u. Only a government that is afraid of it's citizens try to control and disarm them.
v. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
w. Enforce the "gun control laws" in place; don't make more.
x. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.
y. The American Revolution would never have happened with Gun Control.
z. "....a government by the people, for the people....."
PLEASE PASS THIS 'REFRESHER' TO -10- FREE AMERICAN CITIZENS.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Off Topic”