This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fishing License more Restrictive than Votor ID

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Fishing License more Restrictive than Votor ID

Postby Eugene » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:08 pm

Missouri fishing permit. "You will allow inspection of your permit, picture identification, catch and equipment by an agent of the Conservation Department." Having been checked several times for a valid Missouri fishing license, the Agent requests some form of photo ID showing proof of Missouri residency.

Missouri is currently going through legal battles on proof of identity and residency to vote in elections. Liberal argument is that it is an unfair burden to provide a photo ID showing proof of Missouri residency.

Missouri Gov. Blunt has ordered the Highway Patrol to be more aggressive in checking residency during traffic stops and has contacted local law enforcement, employers and prosecutors to be more aggressive. American Civil Liberties Union is complaining that only illegal immigrant Hispanics are being detained - descrimination.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Redman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Redman » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Problem solved... Just require a fishing license at the voters booth. :shock: :shock:

Bugler
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bugler » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:51 pm

Redman,,,,,,, you are smart,,,,,,,,,I tip my hat to you,,,,,its my Southern Flag hat,,,,,,,, :D :D :D :twisted:
I can fix it,,,get me a bigger hammer.

1949 Cub "BB"
3 Pumkin Trailers
LT 1042 Cub Cadet
71 Screwdrivers
22 in. Honda Mower
Echo weedeater
Half a can of Kroil

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:15 pm

Redman wrote:Problem solved... Just require a fishing license at the voters booth. :shock: :shock:
That will really work. Highschools kids under driving age get a State of Missouri photo ID for $2.00. At 16 years of age they get a drivers license. A State Department was going around to nursing homes and such, providing free photo IDs. One has to prove citizenship to get the state photo IDs. An annual Missouri fishing permit, with no photo, costs $12.00.

It is an imposition (discrimination) on the poor in Missouri to require some sort of official photo identification to vote. Meaning that dead, no longer residents, non residents from across the river, never existed, illegal immigrants, not eligible to vote, can vote not only once but numerous times. Yup. Not being able to prove residency with a photo ID to vote is a very liberal idea.

If they can afford a cell phone, plasma TV, etc., they can afford the free state issued photo ID, or the $2.00 ID if they can provide the required proof.
I have an excuse. CRS.

TractorChick
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63023
Skype Name: The Chick
Tractors Owned: 2006 exmark zeroturn
1949 farmall cub
1948 farmall C
1963 Tilly Tiller
1951 Farmall Super A "lil' devil"
1945 farmall a "Apple"
1955 farmall cub

Postby TractorChick » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:05 pm

Seems like to me the government is trying to just screw us all over very slowly. They try and make things look like it benefits us and then in the long run we have to pay extra for the added luxury.
Silly Boys, Trucks are for girls.... :)
1963 Divco milk truck
1998 chevy Z71 truck
1984 SS Elcamino

phantom
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby phantom » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:44 am

i didn't even know fishing is illegal in missouri! a license, by definition, is a permit to allow a normally illegal act to be performed. if fishing requires a permit- it must be illegal in the first place. same for driving.

now if you will excuse me i must plan my undocumented bank withdrawl so i can go make a purchase from my undocumented pharmacist. not really, but if you can make heads or tales of the governments stance on these things, maybe you can clear it up for me why i gave the best years of my life for this country. i am becoming more and more confused. right used to be much more clearly defined from wrong.

your papers! show me your papers!!!
phantom

moparado
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby moparado » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:55 am

Voting rights legislation througout our country's history has been continually modified and seemingly convoluted. Some of these legislations were controversial at the time of passage.
The U.S. Constitution initially only required the voter be a U.S. citizen and left residency and other voter requirements up to the States.

Did a little research and came up with the following:
-Pre 1856 it was only white male land owners who typically could vote. Shortly after 1856, non-landowner white males were allowed to vote.

-Shortly after the Civil War the 15th amendment was ratified allowing non-white males the right to vote. It also further enforces the 14th amendment that rights of citizens of the U.S. either born or naturalized only have the right to vote.

-The 19th amendment allowed women the right in the eary 1920's.

-The 23rd amendment allowed residents of Washington DC the right in 1961.

-The 24th amendment outlawed poll taxes in 1964.

-The 26th amendment allowed 18 year olds to vote in 1971.

In addition:
-The Voting Rights ACT of 1969 eliminated literacy tests as a qualification to vote.

-The National Voter Registration ACT of 1993 (Motor Voter ACT) allowed voter registration at Driver License facilities, schools, etc.

-Some States will not allow convicted felons the right to vote.

-The Supreme Court has held that a State can enforce residency requirements to determine citizenship and deter fraud. But residency requirements must be practical. Previously, some States required a year or more residency. If i'm not mistaken i seem to remember the Federal residency requirement for U.S. Presidential elections is 30 days.

National ID card next?
-Ken
Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy
Lighten up while you still can don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand and take it easy - The Eagles

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:11 pm

Now that I have your attention. In Iowa if you get caught with a deer it's an automatice $1500- reimbursment to the Dept of Conservation for the deer plus what ever the courts hit you with. If the deer is eligible in the Boone and Crocket record books the cost of the deer can be as much as $40,000- plus 80 hours of community service plus what ever the court tacks on. And then you don't get to keep the deer.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Bugler
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bugler » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:45 pm

"Liberalism is a mental disorder" Michael Savage
I can fix it,,,get me a bigger hammer.

1949 Cub "BB"
3 Pumkin Trailers
LT 1042 Cub Cadet
71 Screwdrivers
22 in. Honda Mower
Echo weedeater
Half a can of Kroil

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:49 pm

National ID Card :?: :?:

We already have it... now thanks to 9/11 and Homeland Security and the CBA by 2009 everyone in the US and Canada will have to have a passport to cross the border, unless you are from south of San Diego.. other side of Tijuana...... :? :( They get a free ride courtesy of Vincente Fox... it is happening here too....

We have Picture ID requirements here as well. To get a drivers licence it is $80.00 for 4 years and $8.00 to add the picture. Hunting and Fishing license.. around 20 bucks.. no picture.. Health Card.. no cost, no picture.. need to prove residency.. but all you need is a PO Box. Over the last 4 years or so, they have been getting stricter.. you have to provide a valid street address as well or a PID # if no street address. Surprisingly we have seen a 15% drop in out of province/country residents who have a NB Medicare Card.... hmmmmm.... :roll: :shock: :!:

Oh here is something moronic... I am a military trained shooter... proficient in all small arms.. and I don't have a hunting licence.. know why?

Cause I have to take a Firearms Safety Course.. it is run by Game Wardens - most who would fail a basic Range Safety Course.. no not the instructors course.. the course students take to get on a Range. :!: :!: :!: I have been trained as a soldier.. to be proficient in weapons.. everything pretty much under a 105mm Howitzer... sniper with the FNC1A1, Marksman with the FNC2A1, 9mm and SMG.... Still can shoot pretty good and I can strip down an FN almost as fast as I did 25 years ago.... and they tell me I have to take a safety course taught by a guy who doesn't know how to break down a 30.06 safely..

NOT !!!!!!

Much of the licensing requirements in North America these days is nothing but an unfair TAX.. a TAX designed by bureacrats to ensure that bureaucrats have something to validate their paychecks... who in a rational world would be either doing something actually productive or on welfare.... :!:

Yust me dos centavox mi compadres... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38482
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub-Buttercub
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:12 am

"Picture ID, We don't need no stinking picture ID". Kinda reminds ya of a movie doesn't it.

Watch out guys, if you know who gets in office it's going to be a downhill slide.
JimT

If you can't find it, don't lose it.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:36 am

Rudi wrote:Much of the licensing requirements in North America these days is nothing but an unfair TAX..

No, no, no no no. They aren't taxes. They are "user fees", complements of the spin doctors in the Reagan administration.
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B0DE5D6123EF930A25753C1A961948260

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:06 am

Jim Becker wrote:
Rudi wrote:Much of the licensing requirements in North America these days is nothing but an unfair TAX..

No, no, no no no. They aren't taxes. They are "user fees", complements of the spin doctors in the Reagan administration.
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B0DE5D6123EF930A25753C1A961948260

Let's return complete honesty to our government... elect Mrs. Slick. :( :evil: :idea:
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:19 am

It might at least get us back to enough honesty to not get us into intractable, pointless wars that have killed thousands of American GIs.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:24 am

Jim Becker wrote:It might at least get us back to enough honesty to not get us into intractable, pointless wars that have killed thousands of American GIs.

Dream on! Remember what your hero LBJ did?
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Return to “Off Topic”