This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Exterminate or Allow ??

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:03 am

I have 4 bee hives on my land that i let them live. They polinate my garden plus they say the bee's are disappearing in some parts of our country. Normally i would kill them but i worry about doing that now. I think its time to coexsist if we can get along. I have two rock gardens which i hate with bee nests in them. I hate to destroy them. I know i can't save the world nor the enviroment but i can save my part of it i hope. :wink:
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Barnyard » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:49 pm

Bill, the honeybees are what we have been losing the past few years. This year was probably one of the worse I've seen around here. The drought was bad enough but our fruit trees also suffered from the lack of pollination. Those are the bees we need to protect. Honeybees normally won't bother you unless you go after their hive. I have stood within five feet of their hives and not had a problem. I know a bee keeper who said he has been stung hundreds of times by honeybees, but he said that was because he had disturbed the nest

From what Craig described of his nest I believe he had hornets. Those are a lot more aggressive and don't pollinate like honeybees.

Too many people are to quick to want to get rid of a nest without checking to see what they are. You are wise to protect your hives as long as they are not detrimental to your livelyhood.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:40 pm

Hornets I kill!--honeybees I leave, no matter where they take up residence! thanks; sonny

Return to “Off Topic”