This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts for Uncle Roy

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45387

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts for Uncle Roy

Postby Into Tractors » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:04 pm

I just wanted to relay my thanks to everyone for the kind words and thoughts regarding my wifes great uncle. I received several PM's and notes from folks here on the Forum, and it really means a lot.

Just got the call that we are moving him out of the hospital this afternoon. He gets to return back to his assisted living home, but he'll be in the rehab wing which he's not real happy about. He has a long road to go as far as recovery though. Prior to this he had no serious medical ailments; still walked on his own power unassisted. The doctors are hopeful that if he takes the rehab seriously, he should be able to be back to walking unassisted within 2-3 months. Even if he has to use a cane, he'll be fine with that, I know he'd rather not have to use a walker of any type.

When I go to see him this afternoon I'm going to talk to him about the golf cart idea again. I'm hoping that if we give him a goal to shoot for, especially something he enjoys doing, it might help lift his spirits and motivate him to do his rehab the best he can. I'd sure like to think he'll progress well, as I have told him I'm looking forwarded to taking him to a few shows this year.

Once again I thank all of you for your kindness and thoughts.
Last edited by Into Tractors on Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Duncan

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:56 pm

Mike I can relate to what you all are going through. My Mom, 90 yrs. young is in Assisted Living and recently underwent physical therapy and they did wonders for her. She was back walking in no time and is still doing well after 2 bypass surgeries and 8 angioplastys, so tell uncle not to ever give up but just keep hanging in like a rusty fish hook :!: .

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Into Tractors » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:58 am

Pete, thanks for the story. Hearing these type of comments from people like you & George help me feel better. He is amazing, here it is my Mother-In-Law is showing signs of memory loss, and he can recall things back when he was less than 4yrs old :!: Another funny thing is that his only son who live's in NY and is 64 yrs old, and he & his wife are expecting a child next month :!: Uncle Roy is going to be a Grandfather AGAIN after all these years :P
Mike Duncan

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:00 am

Mike, that is an amazing feat, father at 64 :!: . Don't think I could handle it at that age! It's tough enough handling 15 grandkids and 2 great grandkids :!: . But that's another story, good luck to you and all of yours! Pete

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Into Tractors » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:22 am

Don't think I could handle it at that age!

Pete, You and me both :!: The Uncle says the same thing, after already having 3 grown kids who have their own kids, what in the world was he thinking? Of course, this is a 2nd wife for him as well, who is ONLY 20 yrs younger than him? Like I told him, you got some Guts or you are Nuts, either one works for me.
Mike Duncan

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:40 am

Mike wrote
Like I told him, you got some Guts or you are Nuts, either one works for me.

I'll bet he has both, but only one of them got him into this :wink: :lol:
8)

Return to “Off Topic”