This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Daughter and father had a great time today.

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Jeff D. N.E. Wis.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Daughter and father had a great time today.

Postby Jeff D. N.E. Wis. » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:02 pm

Our daughter and I had a great time today. We went skydiving. That is the best time I had in a loooong time.

We were talking about doing it for a few years. She turned 18 on 6 June and said "Pa, how about we go skydiving for my 18th birthday present". I said "he$$ yeah lets go".

You could not ask for a better day. Sky was clear and only a light breeze. We each went up separately and did a tandem dive. We were talking at first doing a static line jump solo but you only went up 3,500 feet. I wanted to go higher and so did she. The tandem dive goes up to 10,500 feet. What a rush when you step out of the plane and get ready to go. You free fall for 40 seconds at 120 mph (talk about getting air rammed up the old snoz) then the instructor opens the chute and you coast down the rest of the way. Great bunch of instructors their, always joking around. We opted to have a video done for each of us. We saw the rough copy before we left and it was hilarious.

Anyway, it sure was fun. They had a deal that they will give you $75.00 off your next tandem dive. Guess what, we are going again in August. I know a lot of you think we are nuts, but as the saying goes: Why would you jump out of a perfectly good airplane? Because the door is open - JUMP! :D :D :D

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:43 am

Jeff - I'm glad you had a great time but I think I have to go with the old saying and will just stay in the perfectly good airplane. Happy birthday to your daughter. She shares a birthdate with a lot of nice people. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

kinelbor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04762

Postby kinelbor » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:47 am

Sounds like a lot of fun. I am with Bigdog I would probably stay in the plane. Although I know it would be really thrilling. I guess never say never. Glad you had a great day! 8)
Nik - 1948 Farmall Cub

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:53 am

Good to spend the time together. My son skydives and I won't even get in a plane period. I don't mind heights as long as I can reach the ground with one foot :) :) Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:15 am

Bigdog wrote:Jeff - I'm glad you had a great time but I think I have to go with the old saying and will just stay in the perfectly good airplane. Happy birthday to your daughter. She shares a birthdate with a lot of nice people. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Maybe if it was on fire???

Happy birthday. 8)
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45387

Postby Into Tractors » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:43 am

Jeff, Glad to hear the two of you enjoyed it. Sorry, but I have to agree with the majority here. I've had to do things because I HAD TO, but I too never saw the need to jump out of a perfectly good plane.
Mike Duncan

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:08 pm

I was one of those who did that when I was in the Army. Up until then my knees were in good shape.