This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Trivia.

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Trivia.

Postby Eugene » Mon May 07, 2007 12:08 pm

What is the name of the only town in the United States named after a famous (trotter) race horse?

The town was also the site of a shoot out between the Barrows gang (Bonnie and Clyde) and law enforcement.

No prize is tendered for the first correct answer. Subsequent correct answers also receive no prize.

Eugene
I have an excuse. CRS.

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Mon May 07, 2007 2:30 pm

Arcadia ??? Or Dexter?? grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Mon May 07, 2007 3:32 pm

The two choices which you gave also occured to me. But I am really wondering how you were aware of Arcadia, LA? Have you ever been there? It is a small town, probably 1500 people, which catches some tourist trade as it is located on I-20. Bonnie and Clyde were killed a few miles out of Arcadia, I believe, but were taken to a funeral home in Arcadia. If I remember the story correctly, their bodies were placed on the sidewalk by the funeral home where large numbers of people gathered to view them. There is a small museum, located in a railroad depot building in Arcadia, which has quite a bit of interesting info on their life and death. Dan

t

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon May 07, 2007 7:40 pm

Well that didn't last long. I was thinking of Dexter, Iowa.

The Barrow's gang was supposed to have hidden some loot in the area during their shootout/escape from law enforcement.

The sheriff of Guthrie County, Iowa used to have a Thompson submachine gun, obtained during the shootout, hanging on his office wall.

Eugene
I have an excuse. CRS.

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Mon May 07, 2007 7:51 pm

I have always been a fan of the Bonnie and Clyde story. not in as much as the crimes they comitted but as the way Frank hammer and his crew took them out. In a way the ambush on them was almost as bad as the crimes they committed themselves. A lot of different views on that day but I don't think an ambush was the "proper" way to do it. Kinda reminds ya of Waco and Ruby Ridge. Most still believe Bonnie never actually fired a shot at anyone. Kinda just along for the ride. I've never been to Arcadia but who knows, maybe one of these days on my way to a CUBFEST I may actually make it there. :lol: :lol: :lol: Take care, Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon May 07, 2007 8:30 pm

Maybe I am cynical, but I do not believe in the come out in the street and have a gun battle. As I remember Bonnie and Clyde gunned down several law enforcement officers. Why give them a chance to kill more?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Off Topic”