This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Washington DC Standoff

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Fri May 04, 2007 7:16 am

Jim wrote:
According to Snopes, this has been floating around the internet since 1999. It is sufficiently vague as to be impossible to varify any of it or even if true at the time, know how much may apply to current members of congress.

You're right! I don't know if it's accurate (most likely not) and I don't really care. I just passed it along for effect. But this is the gist of my previous post. People read or hear this "stuff" and take it for the gospel. We (North Americans, Rudi) :oops: Americans are so active and busy in our lives that we don't take time to consider the issues. We hear it and/or see it and believe it. It's called instant gratification.
But let me say this. Historically, we have resisted going to war until we were pushed to our limit. (I'm speaking of the big wars I&II) And I think that these limits are what most people are disagreeing about. I know that we are all patriotic on this board. We just disagree on when to get froggy and leap!
Flag wrote:
Here is some links to voice opinions to the Gov. and some others facts at bottom of this post!

That is some really good info! Thanks! I'll peruse through it when get the time. :roll: Just joking. 8)
Larry
Last edited by ljw on Fri May 04, 2007 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
The majority of men live lives of quiet desperation- Henry David Thoreau

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Harold R » Fri May 04, 2007 7:16 am

But think back to your history books - The United States declared its independence in 1776, yet Washington did not take office until April 30, 1789.
So who was running the country during these initial years of this young country?
It was the first eight U. S. Presidents.
In fact, the first President of the United States was one John Hanson.
I can hear you now - John who?
John Hanson, the first President of the United States.
Don't go checking the encyclopedia for this guy's name - he is one of those great men that are lost to history. If you're extremely lucky, you may actually find a brief mention of his name

While I won't go into a dissertation about being historically correct, what I will mention, is that some of the greatest fiction writers lived in the 18th century........and did part time work for the media.
And yes, some resided in Maryland. 8)

flag
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby flag » Fri May 04, 2007 8:53 am

Sorry George Willer, I stand corrected...you are so right. :)

Billy Fussell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 75959

standoff in washington

Postby Billy Fussell » Fri May 04, 2007 10:03 am

Normally I don't get into a discussion of this nature, but.... I spent 1967 in Vietnam and saw that war lost by politicans in Washington. I now have a son in Iraq, and it looks like the desendents of those politicans are trying to lose the Iraq war too. And as for the politicans to call themselves "public servants", NOT!!! A public servant, in my opinion, is a volunteer like the statesmen were at the beginning of this country. They served free of charge for a term or two and then went home. Today, the politicans are nothing but hogs eating at the public trough. They care only for the next election in hopes of getting re-elected.

Sorry to rant, but I have a low opinion of politicans.

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Dennis » Fri May 04, 2007 1:38 pm

I think this discussion is finished and nothing more needs to be said.

I'm locking this topic and please do not post another thread on this topic or it will be removed without notice.

Thanks,
Dennis

Return to “Off Topic”