This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tongue In Cheek...Tail Between Legs....

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Tongue In Cheek...Tail Between Legs....

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:23 pm

To all whom have been offended by my post on the "Garbage in Garbage out" thread, but most specifically, to George Willer:

Nothing I have ever said here, on this board, or elsewhere regarding this site was ever intended to insult, cause harm, debase the value of the Cub Community, or personally attack anyone.

Since I am occasionally misinterpreted due to my lack of good manners, strange sense of humour, and poor command of the English language, it surely appears that sometimes my intentions run contrary to the above statement. Please know, however, that this is never the case.

George, in your views, although you are older than I, I see a reflection of myself at an earlier time in my life. I have said before, and I maintain, that we would be in agreement on 95% of what most people consider to be "important issues". That being said, however, there are times when I am apt to "tease" in ways which would make me laugh at myself (my first test before writing anything humourous about anyone else), but apparently fall short of reaching that goal with others, particularly yourself in this instance. For this I take complete responsibility, of course. A person has no obligation to understand the remarks made by others.

Being, as I am, exposed to people from Urban environments, my sense of humour occasionally runs along those lines. That, again, I take full responsibility for. A person is not obligated to share another's sense of humour.

So then, to rephrase what I said in a manner that lacks all humour, I should have said something along these lines:

There's time for it to happen. The pundits may eventually notice that the electorate is past tiring of Hillary's screeching without any substance at all and change tracks. There are a lot of good people out there and we may actually have a chance to choose from among the best. It will happen if they listen to the real people.

George: That's an admirable sentiment, but, from my point of view, very naive. The "pundits" as you phrase them, are concerned primarily with the "marketability" of candidates, as always, and will always deny any sensible candidate who is not "marketable". I'm not sure there are enough "real people" to fill an auditorium left in this country, let alone effect a national election.

There you have it, flat, bland, humourless, and firmly grounded in conventional reality.

So, George, since you have obviously taken offense at what was a disastrous attempt at teasing, I do sincerely apologize.

REDMAN wrote:I am not apologizing for this thread, BUT, I am sorry
for fall out from an individuals shameful remarks.

If indeed, my remarks are shameful, then I do apologize sincerely. If I have offended the sensibilities of you, or other members, I apologize again.

I apologize for offending other members.

I apologize for trying to be humourous, when I am not.

I apologize for returning as an active contributor to the forum, because I knew this sort of thing would happen again quickly, as it seems to be in my nature to offend people unintentionally.

And now, delving into the "Buddhist" side of the problem....

I apologize for having views at all.

I apologize for having a mind that can construct opinions that differ with others.

I apologize for having the education to put those opinions into words.

I apologize for having the hands to type those words.

I apologize for having the good fortune to have a computer, which allows me to post those typed words, when the opinions of many are left unknown.

May you all be free from suffering, and gain every happiness,

--Tom

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

(CUB HUT)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47401
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby (CUB HUT) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:10 pm

Should we apply the rule that is above the door of the local bar :?: :?:

LEAVE-- POLITICS--RELIGION --& SPORTS OUTSIDE we will have less arguing :!: :!:

Lets drop this and go back to CUB'S__CUB'S and more__ CUB'S
THE OLDER I GET ---THE BETTER I WAS

If you can read this... thank a teacher... if you are reading it in English....THANK A VET !!!

Return to “Off Topic”