This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

O'Reilly's Auto Parts

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
BIGHOSS
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37087
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub S/N 9216
w/ C-22 Mower

1974 Cub S/N 244814
w/59 Woods Mower

Ford 3000 Gas S/N C375091 w/Bushhog QT2345 Loader & 6' Squealer Bushhog
and a Palomino Mare named GIGI
Circle of Safety: Y

O'Reilly's Auto Parts

Postby BIGHOSS » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:39 pm

We are fortunate to have many auto parts stores close by. They are all great and good to work with. NAPA gets a lot of good press on this site and rightly so. But, my favorite right now is O'Reilly's. The guys there are so experienced and knowledgeable. Some other stores can meet their prices, but no one around can beat their prices.

I needed a carb kit for a 1010 JD and the local dealer wanted more than $30 for theirs, did not have it in stock and would take several days to get it. O'Reilly's not only had it for $14, but they had it in stock. It was a premium set and worked great on the carb. with no problems.

Just wanted to pass this along.
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway".......John Wayne

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:16 pm

Big Hoss,

With a handle like that you must be like ole Hoss Cartwright, just a gentle giant. :wink:

Now to my point here, I agree with you 100 percent! These guys are WONDERFUL to say the very least !!!!!

My story starts with a couple years ago and I was needing a brake stop light switch for my 1954 3800 series (1 ton) Chevrolet dully.

I stopped at O'Reilly's and asked if they could still order it. The man behind the parts counter said, "No problem, but more than likely we already have it on the shelf already" (I'm thinking to myself, YEAH RIGHT) but he needed to know which one I was in need of, since there was three different styles that could have been used in that year. Well much to my surprise he did indeed have the exact one I was needing, best part of all it was only 12 bucks, and yes it said, "Made in U.S.A." NOT China, NOT Taiwan or NOT even USA Japan.

When I needed a front wheel cylinder, for the same truck, they said they normally have it on the shelf, but was sold out, hoeever they would have me one by 8:00 am the next morning, they did not disappoint ! It was there wating for me at 8:00, like promised.

Then last summer while I was doing my conversion over from the underpowered 2.2 liter 4 cylinder Renault engine and driveline in our Winnebago Le'Sharo motorhome over to the 3800 series II V-6, there was a LOT of odd ball things that I needed in order to make the conversion work like it should. I took an old radiator hose and I made slices and witness marks on where bends and so forth needed to be in hopes to find something that I could make work. Well naturally there was no need to look anything up on their computer system, so they took me to their radiator hose rack in the back of their inventory and said I could look all I wanted for what ever I could make work. (WOW, I never knew that there were so many different molded bends, angles and sweeps and lenghts of radiator hoses)

Well after 40 minutes I found just the perfect one and all that I needed to do was cut off 3 inches from one end.

With those other "store box" chain stores, if it's not on the computer system FORGET IT! I was truly impressed O'Reilly's and they have my business from now on.

John
Machinist
1954 Regular F-Cub "PRB" (Puckett's Rust Bucket)
1955 International Cub LoBoy "SQUATTY"
1954 3800 series Chevrolet flat bed grain truck "Ole Ben"
1975 Case 1737 skid-steer

BIGHOSS
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37087
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub S/N 9216
w/ C-22 Mower

1974 Cub S/N 244814
w/59 Woods Mower

Ford 3000 Gas S/N C375091 w/Bushhog QT2345 Loader & 6' Squealer Bushhog
and a Palomino Mare named GIGI
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby BIGHOSS » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:10 pm

By the way, the carb kit is a "Walker". So far, it has cured the hard starting and flooding that I had before. This was on the JD 1010 with a Marvel Sheibler carb.

Has anyone tried a Walker kit for a Cub?
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway".......John Wayne

Return to “Off Topic”