This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

For What It's Worth

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:47 am

Hello Boiz!!

Tractorfan1 drew my attention to this thread.

Thank you for the kind words. It is nice to be missed.

That being said however, it is best that some of us don't post much anymore.

The simple truth that this site is for the benefit of the Cub Hobby, and is not a pulpit for the advancement of one's political, moral, or social agenda is something that I realized the hard way.

While the occasional foray into an off-topic discussion is harmless enough, when one brings issues of pride and morality into practical and theoretical discussions, the whole process goes to hell rather promptly. I, and a few others, have been particularly guilty of this.

Since, in truth, fewer than 10% of my posts were ever cub-related, and I know far less than many of the experts here, I can only conclude that I do not offer much of value to the Cub Hobby community.

In October, it occurred to me that I was going down a path that would lead to me ultimately being removed from this site by the moderators. Since most of these folks are very good friends of mine, it also occurred to me how unpleasant that prospect would have been for them. Moreso, it became evident that most of what I was contributing was discord rather than information.

So, I choose to remain a "mostly" silent member, for the benefit of everyone, including myself.

This site is first and foremost an important resource for the Cub Hobby Community. While my musings may have been both entertaining and irritating, they certainly did not further that purpose.

Thus, out of respect for the importance of this resource, and those who work so hard to maintain and preserve it, and out of the fear that one day, I may need your assistance in purely Cub matters, it is best that I keep most of my thoughts to myself, and remain a "welcome but quiet" guest.

Anyone who would like to hear my comments on any issues, is welcome to PM or email me.

Namaste,

--Tom

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:03 pm

Tom,

I, for one, will be glad to hear from you, wherever and whenever you deem it appropriate. Take care. :)
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:19 pm

Tom:

Image to what Don said. You have been missed :!: And your contributions have been missed as well. Tom, you have always been respectful and considerate to be sure, and when your musings have gotten "off-track", you have always either made sure to apologize or to clarify. Because I did not understand it, I looked up the definition of the word Namaste, and even though I may not share all of your beliefs, I do share your respect for our fellow forum members, and am honoured by your caring.

Sometimes when we are passionate about our beliefs, we can get carried away. When we do, and if we do, as long as we remind ourselves to be just, fair, respectful and considerate of others, then we are okay and on firm ground. It is when we slip and forget ourselves, when we let our passions reign and our good judgement slip that we can get into trouble. Personal opinions are just that. They are opinions and one is neither more correct than the other. They are all just opinions. We should not afraid to speak our mind. That is what so many of our Veterans have stood up for and made sure that we continue to have that right. That is what freedom of speech is about.

And that is what this particular forum is about. Stuff that isn't about Cubs, but stuff that interests us and concerns us, including that which is important to all of us. Be it simple matters of health, beliefs or more complicated stuff such as the principles of democracy, human rights and history. These are the topics that help us all grow, learn and appreciate other people's frames of reference and provide us with the equanimity to accept another person's dissenting opinion.

The by-words are always, respect, consideration and fairness to all. And yes, we must make sure that we proof read all that we type. Words once sent into cyberspace are like words uttered in the heat of debate. They can hurt, and they cannot be taken back. That is why it is incumbent upon all of us to choose our words wisely.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:24 pm

Glad to see ya back Tom, Keep doin what yer doin. Like I said I don't agree with everything but how are ya gonna know whats goin on without having different opinions. we are big boyz and we can handle anything thats thrown our way. You have appeared to accept our opinions as well as we accept yours. We may not agree with some things but we can feel free to say so. :) :) I always tell the wife it takes two to have an argument and I absolutly refuse to be one of them. I have mostly been proud of my being able to discuss different things and not go away mad. :D :D (took a few butt thumpings to arrive at this conclusion) I also cannot contribute a lot of wisdom to this board but I have learned a bunch from it. Most of my contributions have been wise cracks or something to try to add a little humor. You don't have to be the smartest puppy in the litter to add to the family. :? (I'm the runt) :lol: :lol: .Dave
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

TOOLMAN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 90210

Hi Tom

Postby TOOLMAN » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:32 pm

Tom Howdy
Nice to see you thoughts
I bow to you too
"Badges?, we don't need no stinking Badges"
Toolman :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

JBall8019
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby JBall8019 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:37 pm

hey 400# i enjoy reading your posts and i was hoping to meet you over at mr willers place this past month. what happened to the guy in france with all of those tractors as well?
john

junkman1946
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby junkman1946 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:54 pm

HERE HERE !!!!! What was said in the prvious 20 posts Really needed to be stated. Most of us when we reply to a question give info based on our own experience, or knowledge. Theres no need to be "rapped across the knuckles with a ruler" if our answer isnt 100%correct.
Frank
1948 Cub F,1962 Original,1971 C.C.model86, WheelHorse and C.C. mini pulling tractors, C.C. models1450 , 682,106,123, Ariens GT17 with loader,Jacobsen Powermax loader and backhoe 8 more Cub Cadets in the shed waiting to go under the knife and spray gun.

Dave (69 lo-boy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23047

Postby Dave (69 lo-boy) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:40 pm

400lbsonacubseatspring wrote:So, I choose to remain a "mostly" silent member, for the benefit of everyone, including myself.

Thus, out of respect for the importance of this resource, and those who work so hard to maintain and preserve it, and out of the fear that one day, I may need your assistance in purely Cub matters, it is best that I keep most of my thoughts to myself, and remain a "welcome but quiet" guest.

Anyone who would like to hear my comments on any issues, is welcome to PM or email me.

Namaste,

--Tom

Hi Tom,
I know how you feel, after being told my opinions are not welcome I quit offering them.
Dave

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:26 pm

Tom and Dave:

Please check you PM's and reply.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

trac48
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: J7Z1B7

Postby trac48 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:48 pm

PWL wrote:Don
I agree wholeheatedly.
However, sometimes while writing e-mail format things get all jumbled, for one, an exclamation mark etc will and can be offensive, when offense was not intended.
That's why it is so important to make personal contact @ cubfest etc. It calms alot of questons, when you know the heart from which it was wrote Exclamations and all.!!
My.02
Phil :wink:

Formal Cub is like a big family to me. Since we were not born in it, but hopefully adopted, it takes a longer time to feel the family's acceptance and understanding of all our best intentions. :D
Gilles

LiL' Red
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61423
eBay ID: woodpecker56

Postby LiL' Red » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:29 pm

Even though we hit an ocassional bump in the road, this is still by far the best forum out there.
The base of information available here is phenominal and it is given freely by members who genuinely care about their tractors and forum members.
This Forum is very well designed and monitored, all those responsible should be proud of what has been accomplished through this Forum.
I have enjoyed the friendly banter between a few of our members during my time here on the Forum but then I'm the type person who enjoys taking it as well as dishing it out. Nothin' wrong with taking a little ribbing from friends when you know they will be there when you need them, humor is one of the things that makes life enjoyable.
All that being said, I am truly sorry that some of our members have been offended, it is our loss when they no longer contribute. It is through our little community that we all learn and benefit.

Return to “Off Topic”