This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tractor Supply Co. (my visit today)

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Tractor Supply Co. (my visit today)

Postby BigBill » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:24 pm

I finally went to tractor supply to purchase my 400-12 front tire tubes. This visit went very, very, very bad for my wallet. I even found stuff I wasn't looking for too but it was on my want list anyway. I found an assortment of Lynch Pins, Hitch Pins, #pt top link pins, cracked corn and feed for my deer and even a Bulldog jack for my trailer. This is one stop shopping they have most of our needs. What a great place for me but again not for my wallet. If you never been to one you have to go!!! They are what the BassProShops and Cabela's is to fishing, Tractor Supply is to us tractor guys and farming. I have a feeling i'll be there often. The bottomline is I found everything i purchased affordable.

Example; My local welding vendor charged me over $100 for 50lbs of 6013 1/8" arc rod, at tractor supply it was just $32 for 25lbs. I'm getting tired of paying too much after all this is a hobby right now, i make no money.
BigBill
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:44 pm

You must have a better run TSC store in your area than I do. I always leave that store grumbling. They seem to never have what I need in stock, only empty shelves. I can go back 3 weeks later and the shelves are still empty. They have also screwed up twice on a special order pickup bed mat I ordered. :o
Then came Bronson

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:13 pm

The staff at our local TSC is mostly the same people who ran the defunct Quality Farm and Fleet they replaced. They haven't learned anything at all! They have a LOT of stuff on the shelves, but it is the remnants that haven't sold. Anything tractor related that anyone would want is sold, and the shelves are full of the dregs.

Their paint shelves are full, for example... but they never have any desireable colors. :(

Maybe they're better at selling what some of us don't want like cowboy hats, etc.?

Marlee is very good at eating whatever dog food that happens to be on the shelf, but it is rare the selection is the same as last time. So far the changes haven't given her the "scoots"! :twisted:

Those folks are blowing the same opportunity QFF screwed up on. :( They have a Huge customer base that they are not really serving.

WHY NOT?
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:17 pm

Must be a regional thing. Two of the TSCs near me are new, the other three are old Central Tractor locations. I've been in four of the five, plus another former CT location down the road, and they all seem to have roughly the same quality/quantity of goods. Decent selection, though they do take a while to restock.

The problem with the old QFF was that even if the store managers wanted to, they couldn't get goods from the warehouses unless they had enough to fill at least one tractor-trailer. Dad asked the store manager at an old QFF one time, and this was the story he got.

I would guess that the situation with TSC is roughly the same in some areas. If there are enough stores within a certain radius, like there are in my area, they can probably share truckloads and the stores stay well stocked. Otherwise, unless its worthwhile to send a truck, they don't.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:37 pm

Our TSC just opened a few weeks ago. They have a few things I will buy...Carhartt and Liberty clothes, Purina pet food, 6V batteries, Valspar paint, a few kid's toys, et al. I find that as I get older, I pay more attention to quality, price, and point of origin. :wink: Some of what they sell is domestic...some import.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Merlin » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:09 pm

George Willer wrote:
Maybe they're better at selling what some of us don't want like cowboy hats, etc.?

HEY now!!! If they sell cowboy hats, they are my kind of people. I have a room full of them and bags of them in the garage. Some of them cost over $150.00 each, 15 years old, and never been worn. I have my favorites though. Come to think of it, my son told me one day a while back he wanted some of them. I think I'll call him tonight and tell him to come get them, just keep one brown and one silver one.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:10 pm

Merlin - you need one of these:

http://www.knot-head.com/index.htm
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Postby Cecil » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:09 pm

I have instructions in one of my woodworking mags on how to make one of those. Seems it would be a little hard on the head in the summer and you were sweating. But if it got wet enough it might warp to the correct shape. :lol:

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:28 pm

The Tractor Supply store is new to my area and I don't think we had anything along the lines of a farm/tractor supply store in my area besides Agway which didn't have any tractor stuff. I hope the people at the tractor supply store in my area stay on the ball.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:39 am

I went to new TSC in East CT.... more than a little disappointed that they had no tire spoons. But I did get a set of decals for the Cub (I know they are not the 'best' ones). I am particular about some parts and will only get them from a dealer or TM.

Just after Christmas they sell the Ertl toys for 40% off.... Where else can you get two yeller cubs for $23.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:05 am

There are 2 TSC's within 20 minutes driving time, and both seem to be fairly well stocked. I've always thought some of their prices were a tad too high, so I would shop around. But some stuff is only readily available from them. As I am a "collector" of various items, I can mostly pull something off a shelf or snag it hanging from a nail on the wall. It seems they do make an effort to be helpful and are better at customer service than Quality Farm and Fleet.
Larry
The majority of men live lives of quiet desperation- Henry David Thoreau

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:58 am

Yea I finally came in from snow blowing and am able to get on the forum through IE My local supply store there are two and they seem to comete on who will give the best deals and what they will strock but very good for the farmer . I liked the old store Quality Farm and country better becuase they carriered ValuBilt parts and you could get a clutch or radiator or what ever all in stock but the new bussiness does not stock or special order anything. We have the same manager and I know him well when I went in to get my blower that I special ordered for my GT1500 they acted like I was royaltie when I told them my name its nice. But I still like the AI parts that I sell same parts better prices and alot of the same stock. But they are quick thats TSC when you need something and do nort want to wait for the UPS for 3 sdays to a week.
JON

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:51 am

I went into a local hardware store to buy some 5/8" hitch pins and some 3/4" hitch pins and two cans of spray paint. I purchased 2 of the 5/8" pins and 4 of the 3/4" pins with two cans of spray paint and it cost me $50.
They say support the local guys.

I will drive to tractor supply from now on. I purchased a piece of 3/4" bar stock at tractor supply and made my own plow pins for $9. I made 3 pins for my snowplow to hinge on so it can trip the orginal holes were 1/2" and slotted to 5/8" and now there a snug 3/4". I made two lifting pins for my lower plow frame. Plus one long securing pin to hold the plow on the tractor. I would of put his kids thru college if i purchased them locally at the hardware store. I'm new in town here.

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:21 pm

I have visited the one on my way home from Texas. I haven't found anything of quality for my cubs there. The ignition kits have cheap made components and the carb kits simply do not work. The Valspar paint I found to be very thinned compared to the brand at my local Case/IH. However, if I was to need saddle blankets, fencing, a bumper for my truck, feed, or chain........that'd be the place to go. Why it's called Tractor Supply is beyond me. Maybe Farm Supply would be better, but that name may be taken already. I've learned the hard way. When I need cub parts......I use one of the farmallcub.com sponsors, local Case/IH, or NAPA. Usually in that order.

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:47 pm

And then this was just announced in my area.......... :cry: :cry: :cry:
http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061229/UPDATES01/61229015

This was the Case/Ih dealer......used to be exclusively I/H Ag. While I still have one locally.....the Bastrop store had the older gentlemen behind the counter. All you had to do was say,"for a cub", and they knew exactly what you needed. You never waited for service either. The other I/H store, when you say for a cub.....you get...huh? A what? :( :(

Sign of the times....I guess.

Return to “Off Topic”