This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

A little Early but Happy Vetrans Day and thank you!

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
DuxburyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years

A little Early but Happy Vetrans Day and thank you!

Postby DuxburyFarmall » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:00 am

I am writing this a day early since tomorrow (Saturday November 11) I will probably not be able to get on and thank all the veterans and active members of the armed services for their service to their respective countries.

Thank you one and all past, present and future members of the armed services!

Best regards and many thanks,
Chad
'51 Cub and a 60's Cub Lo-Boy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jeff Silvey » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:14 am

DIDDO on Chads remarks
THANKS THANKS THANKS :D
Jeff
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:00 am

I was a reject in the 60s (vietnam era), but I do very much appreciate all the service people of our country do for us.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

TOOLMAN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 90210

Postby TOOLMAN » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:05 pm

YES INDEED
GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU!
Thank You Vets
3969 Members

1954 Cub quick hitch /Plow
1947 Ford 2N
1948 Green Machine Model M (i know)
Knowledge Is Power
and Power is Knowledge
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten."

kydave51
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 41005

Postby kydave51 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:25 pm

I too would like to thank all of the service men and women for their service to our country. And GOD BLESS THEM ALL !!!!!!!!!

Dave Napier

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:44 am

Like EJP...I too was listed 4F (for a cyst at the base of my spine) that kept me from entering Submariner Training in the Navy.

I ended up going off to college right in the thick of Vietnam. Lost too many friends from high school and college in that so-called "conflict".

Going to college in Fairfield Iowa (Parsn's College)...I worked part time in the Raymond Funeral Home. It was there that I experienced the horrors of the war. We had several military caskets arriving at the funeral home, with young soldiers who died in the "conflict".

Veteran's Day is the day for all those who made it through and my cowboy hat's off to ALL OF YOU WHO SERVED & SURVIVED ! GOD BLESS YOU ALL for your SERVICE TO YOUR COUNTRY...We OWE EACH OF YOU a debt that can NEVER BE REPAID!
Last edited by 'Country' Elliott on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Little Indy
10+ Years
10+ Years
eBay ID: falco-de-fiume

Postby Little Indy » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:17 am

I was in service (Navy) during the Vietnam war but because of my line of work I was stateside, but I did see the effect of modern weapons on the human body. Horrible what a high speed bullet can do. But many of my relatives were in Vietnam. Thankfully they all came back with no extra holes. But lets not forget the viets who serve in peace time. They may not be dodging bullets but their jobs can be quite dangerous. So far the only relative I ever loss was due to an airplane accident off San Diego. Two Orions meet in midair around 2AM. Hit hard. If you know a family with a loss or wounded support and offer to help. That is probably an unnecessay request, seeing the outpouring in similar subjects in th past.

During the Republic era of Roman many of the officiers were senators and its leader consults. Not a bad idea. When the strategy and tactics chosen were the wrong ones, change came quickly. Sometimes by choice sometime not. The battle of Cannae did more for changing the senate than any election could have.

Richard

PS: My own service had longer hours but no more dangerous than my peace time job.
Si hoc legere scis,nimium eruditionis habes.

Little Indy
10+ Years
10+ Years
eBay ID: falco-de-fiume

Postby Little Indy » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:29 am

A few years back NET (Nebraska Eductional Television) produced a program about North Platte Nebraska's contribution to the war effort during WWII. If you know any WWII vet ask them about North Platte NE. Doesn't matter if they are from Maine or Florida or Washington or California or Texas or North Dakota they will know all about North Platte NE. The families there meet the troop trains with homemade apple pies, sandwiches, fried chicken, etc. Coffee, lemon aide and tea (hot or ice depending on the seasons). With so many of our young men in the service a troop train pulled into North Platte NE every ten minutes. You get the idea. But remmeber they were not reimbursed. Nor did they get extra ration stamps. Remember rationing during Vietnam? I don't. Remember rationing during the Gulf War? I don't. They did not go to KFG for a plate of fried chicken. They had raised the chicken, killed it, plucked it, cleaned it and then fried it. And they did these things as volunteers. They were better organized than the Nazi final solution. They did this on their own with no prompting or request from the elite who live within the beltway of DC. (Drugs and Crime). They were America at its best. When I hear our politicians say that We support our troops, I feel like telling them Remember North Platte and then tell me you support our troops. I hope I don't offend anyone but not many of Our Greatest Generation are alive. They are dying off at 1500 per day. Day after day after day.

Richard
Si hoc legere scis,nimium eruditionis habes.

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:37 am

As some of you know....

I lost my father to a service-related illness when I was 9 months old, after only 2 years of marriage to my mother. He was a career soldier, and a veteran of both the Korean (end) and Vietnam(beginning) conflicts. He was a technical person, however, and never served at the front lines. His illness was the result of radiation exposure in his field of expertise.

I give my most heartfelt thanks to all that have served to preserve this union, and fight tyranny and oppression throughout the human world.

It is sad that, despite the efforts of our military giving people the opportunity for something better, some people seem to have a preference for suffering. This doesn't mean that it was wrong to try, or to stop trying in the future, however.

Good job Gentlemen, and my most fervent gratitude!!!!

--Tom

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:59 am

How true Richard, WWII generation, was the greatest generation. I too hope I’m not offending anyone just my personal belief.

I owe everything to a Veteran from the past to the present. When a politician says I support our troops I wish they would say that in a veteran’s care complex or a cemetery. The most forgotten person who sacrificed everything so I can be free.

This is a picture of my father giving a speech in front of the U.S. 29th Army Division on Omaha Beach on the 60th anniversary of the landing. The 29th Army Division was the first one’s in on “D Day”
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/Jackf/100_0240.jpg

My father thanking the one’s who didn’t make it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/Jackf/100_0247.jpg

Veterans,

My sincere thank you for your sacrifice. I think this picture says it all.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/Jackf/100_0358.jpg

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:32 pm

AMEN!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Off Topic”