This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Decision 2006

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965
Circle of Safety: Y

Decision 2006

Postby Cecil » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:48 am

Allthought we all don't agree with what is happening in this country, we are the ones who can make a difference. I will never discuss politics with anyone here except to say GET OUT AND VOTE. It is a right and a privilage.

No more soapbox.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:22 am

AMEN if you dont vote you cant gripe.
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Postby Ron Luebke » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:33 pm

GOT MY VOTE IN :!: :wink:
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:22 pm

David Bennett wrote:AMEN if you dont vote you cant gripe.
David

Hmm.....I don't see that one in the constitution, or amendments.....

I think, in reality......if things get worse.....and you voted, you can gripe at me for not voting, and I can gripe at you for voting...... :D

Redman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Redman » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:12 pm

:?:
Last edited by Redman on Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:39 pm

Redman wrote:
I don't by any means want to stir the pot or cause any ill feelings. But, I do have to ask... If we all decide to take your approach and not vote, leaving the decisions to a very small few, how is that going to make things better? Remember no effort delivers no results.

If a man can't even muster up the fortitude to go and vote why would he want to step up and even waist his energy to gripe about anything.

I think, Rick, that you are misunderstanding my motivation on this one......

My message is simple: Choosing the least of evils is intolerable. I will not be party to it.

I am not choosing the way of apathy, or lacking "fortitude" as you might say.

I find your use of "waist" instead of "waste" an interesting pun in my case....it does fit, and I am greatly amused, by the way..... :D :D :D

To my mind.....all of you who feel that by "exercising your right" and voting, you are, in some way, changing anything, you are, in fact, somewhat deluded. To me, you are merely perpetuating a system that must, out of its very essence, spiral downward towards its ultimate goal.....evil.

It is as if the electoral process were a rat stuck in a maze. At each intersection, this rat must choose between a bad path, and a worse one, but nonetheless, each choice only takes the rat closer to its eventual demise.

Am I mad not to play a part in this? Well perhaps so. I am not even saying that everyone should not vote.....merely stating the reasons I do not. I would, however, ask that everyone who does so be willing to take the responsibility for their choices.......and by that I mean ultimate responsibility.....

If your candidate wins, and later, you find out that he was party to some sort of scandal that caused the suffering of people, I would merely ask that you take your share of the blame, because it was your "exercising your right" which ultimately contributed to the process of cause and effect that allowed such a scandal to take place. When I did vote, and I did for many years, I did take such responsibility seriously.....until my conscience got the better of me.

Those who think that they should vote, by all means, should.....just be responsible for your actions......if you're not willing to take that responsibility, then you should stay home.....

I hope this clarifies my position somewhat....if not, let me know, and I'll try harder..... :D

-- Tom

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:13 pm

And the better alternative is?...................
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Redman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Redman » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:29 pm

Last edited by Redman on Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:29 pm

Don McCombs wrote:And the better alternative is?...................

Well, Don, I don't have a good answer to that.......but I do spend a lot of time thinking about it.

Destroying the 2-party system would be a start....... Forcing men to stand on their own merits, instead of merely jumping on a wagon would show us a lot....a whole lot.......about their true nature.....

Pruning back government would also help.........

I once thought that Ross Perot could accomplish these goals, but I was mistaken.......

I'm not so sure anything can be done until the general concensus is that the system is broken.....

In the meantime, I wait, think, and pray.......... :cry:

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:38 pm

Redman wrote:Tom,

I do understand your point and even understand how and why individuals get to the mind set you are at. Even though I see validity in some of what you say I still stand strong to the view we should vote. Instead of speeding up the "downward spiral," have you thought, voting correctly may slow it down.

Oh, and the use of "waist" instead of "waste" was not meant in any way to offend nor amuse. I really do absolutely suck at spelling. No kidding. As capable as I am at many things, spelling is not one of them. If you don't believe m ask Rudi. He will atest to my total inability to spell correctly. I do appologize for that error. Sorry, I did not wish to offend you in any way.

Rick,

I am not so intelligent, nor such a good judge of character that I can validly say that I can "vote correctly"......if I could, then my conscience would not be troubled so, and I would be out there, probably campaigning, as I did in my youth.

The "waist/waste" thing is what we used to call a "Freudian Slip"....and of course you did not mean to offend.....nor am I offended....I thought it was rather funny, actually..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Redman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Redman » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:59 pm

Last edited by Redman on Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Cecil » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:31 pm

In this area it was kind of hard to get to the issues in one race. There was way to much mud slinging. However many good people have sacrificed much for my right to vote. I myself spent time in the military although I was at no time in extreme danger, and feel that I owe it to them to vote.

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:32 pm

Well, I did vote today, but have to be honest. I wasn't thrilled about going, or with most of the candidates to choose from. This last few weeks of "MUD SLINGING" has been unacceptable, in my eyes. I truely am becomming sick of "POLITICS".

The "UNION" shop that I've retired from endorses any candidates that stand for work, regardless of any moral issues. Sad, sad, sad.

My .02
Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Cecil » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:32 pm

By the way I am sorry I caused such a ruckus.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:41 pm

Cecil - it never ceases to amaze me that individuals who normally treat each other with the utmost respect become adamantly vocal when it comes to the topics of politics or religion. I see friendly folks become defensive (or offensive) of their positions and defend with vigor their right to their opinions.
Thank God that we live in a country where we can participate in the procedure without armed military units standing guard so we can vote. Maybe the system isn't perfect but it beats the heck out of second place.

Don't apologize - you did nothing wrong.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Off Topic”