This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Alernative Fuel

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Alernative Fuel

Postby Eugene » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:01 pm

http://www.spiegel.de/international/spi ... 36,00.html

Lenghty, interesting article on alternative fuels and current Germany efforts concerning the subject.

Eugene

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:34 am

Thank you Eugene. Very interesting.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:56 am

I read an article by Christian Wüst, a few years back about a man by the name of Ralph Baümüeller who put a 3 Cylinder Perkins diesel engine in a Volvo automobile to demonstrate what agriculture fuels could be made on the farm and put directly in the fuel tank without damaging the engine. I don’t know why a Perkins engine was used other than the fact; it was out of a Massey Ferguson tractor.

Mr. Baumueller now resides in the U.S. in Eldridge, Missouri. I’ll never forget the demonstration when he poured sunflower oil in the fuel tank and drove off. The vehicle got 56 mph but was no power house.

Another demonstration by Ralph Baümüeller was a Ford E-150 van converted to run off wood smoke. He said that a man by the name of Bill Perace engineered it. That one brought the news people from Springfield, Missouri for a look.

I was in the area recently and I tried to meet with Mr. Perace, but he makes wood toys for outlet stores in Kansas City and was out of town.
Last edited by Jack fowler on Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:26 am

I liked the one a few weeks ago by I think jet blues owner or president.
They are looking for an alternative for jets . And said that here in the US they can take coal and do something with it by injecting it in the ground or something and come up with a fuel that will out way any oil producing company. But the draw backs were it cost billions to make the refineries to make this fuel. And they are afraid that if they invest that OPEC will lower oil prices to like $25.00 to $30. a barrel and no one will care about this fuel becuase gas would be a little over a dollar a gallon again. So these companies are looking for Gov contracts or what ever to make sure if that should happen that they would not loose there investments. It sounded good. They also mentioned Canada and the price to extract the oil from the dirt is just as costly but would do the same for the economy.
JON