This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Digital Camera Repair

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Russell F
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38370

Digital Camera Repair

Postby Russell F » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:34 pm

Anyone have a good soure for camera repair? I had a link someone gave me but it's dead now. I have a fairly newish, fairly good digital camera i wish to have repaired. The screen went out and it's pretty much useless without it. It's a Casio QV-R40. Fairly good camera when it was working, not sure why the screen blanked out. Anyhow, any and all recomendations greatly appreciated.

Russell

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:41 pm

Russell,

In all honesty, 80% of the shops who offer digital camera repair are going to send the thing back to the manufacturer's service center for service, quote you a price out of a book, and you will wait 7 - 30 days for the repair.

You can find out where to send it yourself, and, although you won't get the wholesale repair rate, you can cut out some of the handling charges the shop charges for this service.

All in all, it should save you some money in the long run. Expect at least $75 as a bare minimum, however.

This is merely from my experience during my camera shop days.

If the camera is worth more than that, then consider doing it. If not, then it is BER (beyond economical repair).......

--Tom

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:59 pm

I have to agree with Tom, sned it back to manufactuere, if it is worth the expense. Some of them are kind of slow though. Depending on how new it isk it may still be under warranty, many have a 2 year warranty.

I will ask a stupid question, mos digitals have a button, or menu, that let you chnage form LCD display to viefinder. Are you sure viewfinder is not selected?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Russell F
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Russell F » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:52 am

Thats what i thought at first John, that i had just messed up the setings. But on this camera, when you turn it on the screen is on weather or not you are using it for pics. And it still won't snap pictures, cause i can live without a screen. It's a 4mega pixel, and it's a nice size, so if cost justifies, it's getting fixed.

Thanks

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:36 am

:idea: If this doesn`t attract much interest it may be cheaper than getting yours fixed. It is the only one I could find on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Casio-QV-R40-Digita ... dZViewItem
Then came Bronson

jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64784
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby jim turner » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:00 am

Russell I know very little about a digital camera but mine did that and come to find out the memory card died for whatever reason got a new card and it works fine tried the old one several taimes since and it just won't work and you may not even have a card jsut thought I would share my experience
Jim Turner

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:07 pm

Russell, on both my Toshiba and Sony if the viefinder is selected rather than the LCD, the LCD does not light up at anytime, no matter what you are doing with it. You can check that by simply looking in the view finder. if something is showing there, it is selected and LCD is turned off.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Russell F
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Russell F » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:16 pm

It's something internal, I tried checking everything from backlite to a wrong setting. I tried snapping pictures with the display out and it makes a beep but nothing snaps or happens like it used too. I've got it neatly packaged now sitting in the vehicle waiting to go to the post office tomorrow. I got on Casio's website and they have a pretty good automated return service. Even prints a shipping label with a barcode that relates back to the online form. Gonna keep a eye on that ebay one. Will pcik it up if it goes cheap enough. Always handy to have a extra camera.