This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Incident For Eugene To Read

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Incident For Eugene To Read

Postby johnbron » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:58 pm

Hey Eugene, Thought this might interest you.

>Copied from another Forum<

I believe this is an important & worthwhile benefit. Illinois needs a Castle law similar to what most other states already have.

Mr. Brown was victimized twice in this incident. Once by the thieves & once by an overzealous prosecutor who seems to care nothing about justice, but pushes for convictions just to add another conviction notch in his belt. Regardless if justice is being served or not. The same guy continued prosecuting a man for child molesting after a blood test had exonerated him. The only reason I can for continueing that case is to give the man charged a clear not-guilty verdict. He is now also prosecuting a lady for murder by shaken baby syndrom that everybody knows is innocent. She was the babysitter but not the perpetrator. These are my opinions.
Mr. Brown should never have been charged with anything.
Some of you may have heard and others not. This has been all over the papers here in Kankakee, Illinois.

My cousin, Jim, lives in a very rural area on the Illinois/Indiana State Line Road east of Beaverville, Illinois. He is 65 years old and has lived there his entire adult life. His farm house is just 1-1/2 miles from the farm he was raised on. He has been burglarized 5 times and has people vandalizing his property often. This has gotten to be such a common occurenct that he and his wife, Valerie, have a ritual of him grabbing the gun and her grabbing the cell phone every time they hear their silent alarm go off. He has a building on his property with computer equipment (his business), his woodworking equipment (his other business) and motorcyles (his hobby). The other morning, the alarm went off pre-dawn and Valerie thought "Oh, I forgot to put the cat in and he set off the alarm". They looked out and saw two people loading their truck up with their property from the building. They called the police, but had learned from the previous break-ins that their response time to their area is over an hour at the fastest. They went outside, him with the gun and her with the phone. The vehicle started to leave, then they saw the breaklights and the passenger jumped out of the vehicle with a gun. Jim panicked and fired and the passenger fled on foot (with a gun stolen from Jim and possibly one of his own) and the vehicle drove off. Over an hour later, when the police arrived, they found the truck a little over 1/2 mile down the road. It had gone off the road into the woods and the driver was dead. The accomplice was never caught. Somebody saw him hiding in a ditch a couple of miles away, watching for someone to pick him up. They called the police. By the time they arrived, 45 minutes later, the guy's ride had picked him up. The driver that was killed was a 31 year old female crack addict, with 3 children (youngest 5 months old) that had been taken from her. Her first cousin, the sheriff from the town she lived in, stated to one of Jim's friends that he wants to pin a medal on my cousin because he said she had been on drugs since 5th grade and now, maybe her children have a chance to grow up with a decent life. At first, Jim was charged with first degree murder. This has since been changed to involuntary manslaughter. If found guilty, he could get 2-5 years in prison, $25,000 fine or probation (because has is 65 with no record, this would probably be the case). He would no longer be able to own a firearm to protect him and his wife. His legal expenses are already quite high and will continue to grow. We are having a benefit to help with these expenses. If he should not need all the money, he will use it to help change the legislature in Illinois to allow citizens to protect themselves, their families and their property. Illinois laws are one of the, if not the worst in the country when it comes to gun laws. If he lived on the other side of the road (Indiana), no charges would have been brought against him.

Attached is the flyer about this incident. I am not asking for donations from anyone, that is your choice. I am asking for prayers and support. Help get this story out so people know what really happened.

Jim stated that he is glad that if this had to happen, that it happened to him and not someone else, because he feels that he is strong enough to handle it (although he still has panic attacks when he hears a truck that sounds the same as the one from that awful morning). He wants something good to come of this and he hopes he can make a difference for the people in Illinois and prevent this from happening to another innocent person protecting his home.

For those of you in Illinois, please keep this in mind when electing new officials in your area. For those of you outside of Illinois, stay there if you believe in protecting your family and homes.

Darla Brown
BENEFIT DINNER
For James (Jim) Brown
of Beaverville
St. Mary's Parish Hall, Beaverville
Friday, June 23 from 5-8 p.m.

Jim is charged with "involuntary manslaughter" for shooting a person in self-defense during a predawn burglary attempt on his farm May 22nd. Please attend this dinner to offer your support or consider a donation to help Jim and his wife, Valerie with their costly legal expenses in the upcoming trial.

Contributions can be made at any MainSource Bank
or make checks payable to James W. Brown and mail to:
James W. Brown Legal Defense Fund
MainSource Bank of Illinois
216 S. Fourth St.
Watsèka, IL 60970

Dinner will be Italian beef or BBQ pulled pork
sandwiches, side dishes, drink and dessert.
Donations at the door.
Sponsored by Family, Friends and Supporters
Then came Bronson

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:16 pm

Interesting reading.

No further comment. Or, nothing that I want a printed record of.

Eugene

Return to “Off Topic”