This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

No Biscuits And Gravy Yet

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

No Biscuits And Gravy Yet

Postby Merlin » Sun May 21, 2006 11:50 pm

The wife came home from the hospital today after a week and a half, but she will be in bed for a few more days and the only thing I know about food is eating it. I have been picking and snapping beans and they just about fall out of the ice box when I open the door. Won't be doing any canning this year.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Mon May 22, 2006 5:20 am

Put some water in a pot and put some beans in. Heat it a while till the beans soften, dump off water, cover with butter and serve. Then again that's where good neighbors and reletives can help.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon May 22, 2006 7:41 am

Merlin, gold to hear your wife is home, and hope she makes a rapid recovery. As for as cooking, yours can't be any worse than mine. When Joann broke her foot a few years ago my cooking was so bad that our dog ran away form home to avoid eating my leftovers..
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Mon May 22, 2006 8:52 am

Hey Merlin, Take those snapped beans and blanch them in boiling water. I used to blanch mine and then fast freeze them on a cookie sheet and then put them in a plastic bag and into the freezer. I like them much better than canned as they are like eating fresh picked beans months later. A lot less work than canning also. Especially when its you and not me doing that chore. :cry: :cry: :lol:
Then came Bronson

Joker555
10+ Years
10+ Years

beans

Postby Joker555 » Thu May 25, 2006 6:35 pm

ditto what JB said

Return to “Off Topic”