This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Title Office Tirade

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Title Office Tirade

Postby ljw » Mon May 15, 2006 8:20 am

I recently purchased a boat and motor at an estate auction. The lawyer sent me the notarized title and probate court letters of authority. When I checked the outboard motor title, it was for a different motor, not the one I had purchased. I called the title office and they said no problem. Write down the model no. and the serial no. and we will make you a new title. I thought, WOW! This is the new title office I was waiting for. 8) I thanked them on the phone and I called them back to thank them again. Well, I went down there to put the title in my name. I gave them the titles. (I never give any more info than necessary) They noticed the name on the title was different than the notarized name. I handed them the letters of authority. The woman looked at them and told me that I would have to have a judge sign the papers. I, figurately speaking, stomped my feet. I told them that the last time you guys told me something like this I drove to the next county and they gave me the title with no problem. (which was true) And I don't mind obeying the rules but it must be the law and not personal discretion. They said that if I didn't mind waiting they would call the lawyers office and get the signed copy, which was nice of them. The lawyer faxed them the signed copy with a little squiggly line for the judge's signature. You know the lawyer did it himself. And the title office knew it, but it satisfied their obligations, I guess. I received my title. But why did I have to go through all this? I was trusted to give them the different boat motor info, but they were unwilling to accept a lawyer's letter of authority, signed or not? It wasn't crowded in the title office, I was the only customer most of the time. If I hadn't said anything, I would have had to travel 70 miles round trip to get the lawyers secretary to put the squiggly line on the letter! I teated the title office people with respect, but I thought it was my perogative to ask them why the rules are different for different offices.
After saying all this, they were very nice people in the office and I truly enjoyed debating the issue with them the >1 hour I was there. Although I don't know if they enjoyed it, or not.

Larry

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Mon May 15, 2006 12:20 pm

I went through a similar situation. I misplaced my operators license. I needed two forms of ID. ss card as well as my Birth certificate to get a new license. This being said ,I went to get my CDL,, they wanted two forms of ID ,so I handed them my operators license which I got 2 weeks prior.
( figured I was good with My drivers lisence) amazingly this was not good enough. I told them it took me 2 forms of I.D to get this. Pleading, that case. So, I had to drive 10-15 miles home. the return with my SS card that I needed to get my operators license. They assured me it was for my own protection since 9-11 but I was'nt convinced.
PWL
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

Return to “Off Topic”