This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Too Old to Cut the Mustard

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Mac from NS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mac from NS » Wed May 10, 2006 5:33 am

It works for you sometimes ( oh did I already buy a cub ? oh ya.well too late now ) :oops:
Take a little time to play,you don't grow old as fast that way.

Mac

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Wed May 10, 2006 7:09 am

Well, I haven't found the plates so will take your advice and look under the stack of papers and Farmall manuals on my computer desk, under the driver's seat of my pick-up, etc. I do take some comfort in learning of my inclusion in a very select sub-group of Farmall Cub owners and will proudly inform all of my friends. I just won't tell them that the only requirement for admission into this distinguished group is that one can't remember anything anymore. Back to the song, I, like GW, thought that it was recorded by a duet team, maybe Lonzo and Oscar or Homer and Jethro of Grand Ole Opry fame. But after reading responses in this thread, I now think it was "Jumping Bill" Carlisle and his group. During WW II, I had an older brother in the Navy and another in the Marines. We had no electricity at that time but had a battery powered radio. The batteries were very expensive so we used the radio once each day to get the "war news" and on Saturday night we would listen to the Grand Ole Opry for one hour. I can remember those times very clearly but can't remember where I put the plates a month or so ago. Dan

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed May 10, 2006 7:50 am

Dan, when you find your license plates, tell me where to look for the spare pack of Lennox recipro saw blades I put away last fall to have later.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Wed May 10, 2006 1:42 pm

I think what's worse than forgetting where things are, is forgetting where you are...

I've been finding that I wake up when we're on the road, and I have no idea where I am.

The bright side is I know WHO I am, and who everyone else is......so it's just a matter of asking everyone where I am.....

Simple fix, like repolarizing a generator, and I'm good as new..... :shock:

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Dan England » Wed May 10, 2006 2:43 pm

John: I found your pack of Lennox saw blades. Will put them in the mail to you as soon as you send my lost license plate. Dan

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Dan England » Wed May 10, 2006 3:08 pm

I took care of the plate problem today. Went to the Revenue Office, purchased a new plate, came home and INSTALLED IT. I have enjoyed the many humorous comments from forum members as you relate your memory problems. I will be seventy years old on May 26, and have come to the conclusion that I now need to finish each task before starting a half-dozen more or I will be in a perpetual state of uncertainty on what I did and what is yet to be done to finish the projects. A process of ageing, I suppose. Dan

Mac from NS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mac from NS » Wed May 10, 2006 8:01 pm

Well Dan I better wish you a happy birthday now because by may 26
I will have forgot.
Take a little time to play,you don't grow old as fast that way.

Mac

JBall8019
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby JBall8019 » Thu May 11, 2006 9:43 pm

this post made me laugh! i am dead tired but laughing so much!!

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Fri May 12, 2006 5:01 am

If I can't find it , Then. Paint it Red, You won't hit it or lose it Again :wink:
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Fri May 12, 2006 7:53 am

PWL, That's a good thought! Once I was helping a neighbor move a portable building (Conex) from one place on another on his property and we were going to have to place it on a trailer. I brought my chains over to help with the rigging, To identify my chains I spray painted the ends a flourescent yellow to separate his chains from my chains. A person could spray paint their tools in order find them easier when working around the house. I plowed up a section of chain and a circular wood bit in my garden this year. I wonder how much stuff I missed? :oops: But I don't think that a man would want his fine looking tools stained with paint. That reminds me of something I was told years ago. Tool suppliers started making their tools in a black oxide finish. Studies showed that a tool was less likely to be stolen when it was a dull color. I was told was that that was the reason for those ugly green Mag-lites. They were so ugly people didn't want them.
Larry

phantom
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby phantom » Fri May 12, 2006 8:00 am

oh, those license plate stickers!!! i don't recall just exactly what determines when they are due, i think it is by the first letter of your last name. at any rate, mine are due in feb. included in the instructions is an admonition to apply the sticker at a temprature above 40 F......in february.
phantom

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri May 12, 2006 8:04 am

400lbsonacubseatspring wrote:I think what's worse than forgetting where things are, is forgetting where you are...

Been there, done that. :lol:
I went to a Nortel in school in Dallas for 2 weeks, then flew home for a week, then back to the same school for a week. Wehn I checked back into the motel i had a room idientical to the one I'd had before, but reversed in layout. the first night I woke up about 2 am, and was totally disoriented as to where I was. Ever since I carry a cheep (so I don't lose much when i forget to take it with me) night light I plug into the bathroom of the rooms I am staying in.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Fri May 12, 2006 8:56 am

phantom wrote:oh, those license plate stickers!!! i don't recall just exactly what determines when they are due, i think it is by the first letter of your last name. at any rate, mine are due in feb. included in the instructions is an admonition to apply the sticker at a temprature above 40 F......in february.

They expire at the end of the month that includes the owner's birthday, at least in Ohio.

In cold weather you're expected to sit on the plate to warm it up. :D
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri May 12, 2006 10:11 am

George Willer wrote:
phantom wrote:oh, those license plate stickers!!! i don't recall just exactly what determines when they are due, i think it is by the first letter of your last name. at any rate, mine are due in feb. included in the instructions is an admonition to apply the sticker at a temprature above 40 F......in february.

They expire at the end of the month that includes the owner's birthday, at least in Ohio.

In Texas it is based on when the first plate was put on. I don't think we have any two here that run out the same month.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Fri May 12, 2006 8:11 pm

Missouri has a fee office. It's privately operated. The fee office does the usual licensing operations.

I moved to Missouri. Inspected a Dodge pickup and went to the fee office. Did the paper work for the title and obtained license plates.

I never did receive a renewal notice from the State of Missouri for the pickup. -Other vehicles yes. I drove that pickup for 2 1/2 years on the original plate. Sometimes you get a break.

Eugene

Return to “Off Topic”