This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I'm Very surprised

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
W6NZ
10+ Years
10+ Years

I'm Very surprised

Postby W6NZ » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:14 am

at the lack of interest in my post.Case IH World Tractor Challenge
and the outcome of the challenge. I was under the impression that this forum was for I.H owners/enthusiasts. I"m sure it's an I.H. logo that I look at whenever I log on to this forum.!!
Seems to me it depends on where you live as to whether you are interested. :roll: hardly, genuine I.H. enthusiasts.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am

W6 - please don't brand us non-IH enthusiasts. I read your posts and enjoyed the topic. Sometimes one just doesn't know what to say, if anything at all. I will admit that the distance factor does affect ones enthusiasm as most of the board members would find participating in the event beyond our abilities. But it is still great to be able to read about them since without this forum, most of us would not have known about the event.
I think it would be great to be able to participate in an event such as this. But I fear it will never happen. With the number of individual farms dwindling in our country, I cannot ever see there being enough participants to even begin planning such an event in the states.
My hat is off to you and your fellow countrymen for keeping the flame alive with such a major event.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:41 am

Bigdog is too modest! Not far from him (maybe less than 50 miles) a few years ago the Land Of the Legend (LOL) tractor club put on such an event. As the stakes get higher it does become increasingly unlikely that the number will be topped.

You may be surprised at the turnouts some of our events have. We just can't travel half way around the world to drive a tractor! Please don't take it personally. :D
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:02 am

I too meant no disrespect to you by not commenting. I waited with baited breath for you to give us results. I felt that would be the time for remarks as congratulations. I have enjoyed your other postings as well. I followed those of the beautiful country side, the mowing as well as the wall art.

Keep us informed.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:22 am

:(
Last edited by 400lbsonacubseatspring on Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:39 pm

As you may know, many of us have been travelling in the past week or so to various local events. Not a lot of computer time.

hardly, genuine I.H. enthusiasts.

The enthusiasm is genuine......but, at least for myself.......not full time.

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:44 pm

W6 wrote,

Seems to me it depends on where you live as to whether you are interested

Nah, that's not it at all. I was going to comment that I was surprised that CaseIH tractors were so popular there. Then I thought that with my luck there was a huge tractor factory in the middle of the country, and I was unaware of it. You have to realize, a lot of us Yankees aren't nearly as smart as we appear. :oops: Larry

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Tue May 09, 2006 5:03 pm

W6NZ, where ya at? How did it go? Wheres the pictures? John

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Tue May 09, 2006 5:24 pm

I believe our Kiwi friend has abandoned us, VD.....

I have tried to contact him in numerous ways since this post originated, and, alas, there has been no response.

I am saddened by this, as I feel it was a misunderstanding at worst.

He has been a great friend, and a worthwhile contributor.

On forums like this, we all feel bad when we post something that seems important, or interesting to ourselves, but doesn't seem either to everyone else.

It is the electronic equivalent of saying something you think is fantastically interesting to your spouse, and have her stare at you as if lobsters were crawling out of your nostrils.

My girlfriend has a habit of pretending to listen to long monologues on things that should be of interest to her, and then saying "I don't know." Then I get the nostril lobster look.

In any event, perhaps W6NZ will reconsider after a time, and return to us. After all, the very concept of a "Forum" is to bring about different ideas and discuss them, and, if you don't feel you're being heard, then speak a little louder, of course...........all of us get hurt from time to time, here, I think, when our points of view are not properly respected, but it is neither appropriate to fight, nor run away. We are all offenders, and we are all victims of this, and that, in short, is the inner nature of a "Forum."

Return to “Off Topic”