This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Have you ever thought Con't

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Have you ever thought Con't

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:35 am

Since I did not want to claim space on the cub posting area . Thought I would con't here. I have a question maybe someone can enlighten me on. Why is that folks keep things, wont sell them, but rather have it rot before their eyes? :? I stopped at several places over the last few years. A couple examples stick out . First instance. Needed a shed to house my birds asked a local fellow who has this shed 10 by 12 on a trailer 4 feet in the air. Asked if he wanted to sell it. No he said, I am going to get it off and use it. Still setting in the same place. thats been 8 yrs now. Instance two. I drove past this place had a nice Farmall" A" just sitting there drove past it every day for about 3 yrs , never moved. Weeds all around etc. (you know when it hasn't moved)
So I thought I would inquire about it. He said no, that old thing aint worth nothing. The next day gone. Must have put it in. this is just one of many examples. I have my hunches, But I want others take of Why? :?:
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:50 am

Same reason a 4 year old keeps crayons away from a younger sibling while screaming, "MINE".
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:54 am

There are those who believe "Some day I will get to this project." And there are those who for family reasons - It was dad's tractor. And there are those who honestly believe they have a gold mine on their hands and it will go up in value even though they let it sit and rot away. They believe that since you asked about it, it must be worth a lot.
There is a nice (or used to be nice) Farmall M near me which has been sitting outside for probably at least 8 years. Many have stopped and asked about it but they always get the same gruff reply - "It's not for sale!"
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:56 am

Here is another wierd one. Occasionally when Dad had a tractor for sale, he would put it out in front of the barn with a "for sale" sign. It would sit there for a while and nobody would stop to look at it. Then he could take it away to use it, or move it behind the barn, or whatever that put it out of sight. THEN somebody would stop and ask about it.

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:42 pm

:D
Last edited by 400lbsonacubseatspring on Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:16 pm

Aw Tom, I bet you're just a sweet ol teddy bear :wink:

Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Merlin » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:44 am

I think it is as Biogdog says, that sometimes it's because of sentimental reasons. My neighbor has a Super A that has been sitting in the weeds and blackberry vines for over 50 years and some of the parts are still usable. The tires and wheels are in the barn along with a few other parts of it and the barn has fell down around them. It belonged to his Dad and wasn't but a couple of years old and his Dad died suddenly, so it means something to him. It still sits where his Dad parked it the day he died. But he also has a Super C and a Cub that he bought himself several years ago that is still sitting in the same spot where he unloaded them from his trailer just rotting down. When I ask about them he says "I'm going to fix them one day". He is on the lowest of low income brackets and I doubt if he could buy gas to run them, but it is his dream. I've given him some parts for his Cub to help him, but the Cub and parts are still sitting there. I have a Super A that is worth about $400.00 to someone that really wants one and is no different than dozens of others I've sold , but it would take $15,437,552.10 to get it. So I guess there are as many reasons as there are people.

Return to “Off Topic”