This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

STROKE: Remember the Three Letters Plus the Tongue.

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

STROKE: Remember the Three Letters Plus the Tongue.

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:05 pm

A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within three hours he can reverse the effects of a stroke . . . totally. He said the trick was having a stroke recognized, diagnosed and then getting the patient medically cared for within three hours, which is tough.

RECOGNIZING A STROKE:

Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.

Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:

S *Ask the individual to SMILE.

T *Ask the person to TALK, to SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE. (Coherently) (i.e. . . It is sunny out today)

R *Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.

NOTE: Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask the person to 'stick' out their tongue . if the tongue is 'crooked', if it goes to one side or the other, that is also an indication of a stroke.

If he or she has trouble with any one of these tasks, call 911 immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:18 pm

:D
Last edited by 400lbsonacubseatspring on Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Thomas » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:16 pm

Good info and thank you for sharing....wish I knew this before I had my stroke.

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines

Postby Jeff Silvey » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:20 pm

Bud:
Thanks for the info. I have been in EMS for about 33 years and have never heard of the things that you wrote in your forum.
Jeff
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:40 pm

This was sent to me via email by two different people. I thought it might be a good idea to post here so all could read. 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:42 pm

Thanks for the info, sort of thing everyone should know, saving lives is paramount;
Pat

Return to “Off Topic”