This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New Paypal Identity Theft Round -- be careful

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

New Paypal Identity Theft Round -- be careful

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:03 am

:D
Last edited by 400lbsonacubseatspring on Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:21 am

Thanks Tom, we seem to get about 8 spoof emails a day purporting to come from either Ebay or Paypal, I send am straight to spoof@ebay.com who do nothing about them but send an acknowledgement!
Pat

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:24 am

Scams: I must be the luckest guy in the world.

I just received an e-mail telling me that I won 1.5 million dollars in the Dutch lottery of a drawing consisting only of e-mail addresses.

And I recently had a distant relative die. This distant relative had 14 million US dollars in a bank account on some island. No family member (not to mention his lawyers, accountants, and mistresses) has come forward to claim the funds.

Eugene

Thomas
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Thomas » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:20 am

Could this also be scam???
Came in second bidding on Cub,and w/in three days I got email saying I the winning bidder has back out of the deal and now I can purchase the Cub if I wish....even sent an email in which was given to contact... so I did.

End of last week got another email call "Second Chance" to purchase the same Cub along w/phone number,soooo I call the gentleman and told him I will purchase the the Cub...the gentleman was very puzzle for he had no idea what was going on and I explain the emails to him.

The high bidder for the Cub did indeed want the Cub and made payment,and the gentleman explain to me it was sort of scam going on w/ebay...they wanted me to send $500.oo to paypal than make the deal w/the Cub owner,the gentleman has been burnt once before from act like this,sooooo be very careful even if your out bidded on ebay.

rondellh
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rondellh » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:12 am

I have found that all these phishing schemes and scams use my email addy as a greeting. As per Ebay and Paypal any correspondence from them will include your name that you registered with. If it doesn't include my name at the top I delete it immediately as just opening some of these downloads harmful files into your computer.

Rondell

Return to “Off Topic”