This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Calling All Veterans

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jeff Silvey » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:32 am

I would diddo as to what Johnny & Chad said. I didn't enlist but you guys that did you are allsome. I'm a firefighter I know how it feels to serve your country. I serve my commuity 32 years. I know theres other FF's on this form.
God Bless to all who have served & are severing abroard & at home
GOD BLESS AMERICA
Jeff
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:18 am

Larry:

I was in S-2 which is intelligence gathering. I worked at BTOC (Brigade Tactical Ops Command) We constantly gathered intel from the various battalions, i.e., enemy locations, KIA's, weather forecast, etc. For a couple of months, me and another guy were a radio team, relaying info from a battalion with a weak signal, to the brigade. You know, the 196th Inf. Bde. was one of three brigades of the 23rd Inf. Div., more commonly known as the Americal Division. The (in)famous Lt. Calley was with the 198th Brigade. I noticed that Don was with the 1st Cav. The 1/1 Cav. operated out of a place called LZ Hawk Hill which was brigade hq.

Looks like similar trades, except you were field tactical and I was spec op tac and strategic collection. Either way.. Bravo Zulu! One thing that comes immediately to mind for radio ops especially in Nam where they truly came into their own -- radops did more than just provide tac intel and FAC guidance... they saved an awful lot of lives... some of these ops would risk all just to make sure that a Huey could come in and get their wounded comrades out... Nam was a hard, dirty, painful and spiteful war.... my hat is off to every service man/woman who had to serve in that hell hole.

A small aside.. my mom's cousin Ray... served with the Royal 22nd (the Van Doo's) a very famous Canadian Regiment -- he served in the Belgian Congo and other theaters where gunfire was a fact of life. He said in his whole career in the military, .... that the scariest time of his life was as an ICCS observer in NAM... oh, he was on board that UN ICCS Huey that got shot down... the north couldn't even honour the UN colours....

Chad:

After retiring from the forces, I became at my son's urging a member of the Navy League here in Moncton, and became President of the NL whose sole charter was to care and provide for RCSCC-122 Moncton. Some of the proudest moments I have had as a father was being the Commander for Inspections, in which my son Duane and my daughter Sabrina were on parade! One of the highlights also included the Tattoo in which a number of US Sea Cadet Corps were represented. Man.. talk about Spit and Polish -- awesome.

Learning what duty means is an admirable attribute.. and you did well. Be proud...

And John, I have tried to say this before... many, many men and women whose heart desires to serve are barred from serving by physical ailments. That does not change the desire to serve one's country, and does not lessen that desire in anyone's estimation.. or shouldn't.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Dan Stuckey
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dan Stuckey » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:29 pm

Dan Stuckey

SFC (Sgt 1st Class)

USMC (73 - 76) HMX-1 Presidential Helocopter Squadron, Quantico Va

US Army Reserves 1981 to 2002. 298th Maint Co. Altoona, Pa

Recalled back into Active Duty for one yea ,2004 to 2005. Assigned to SOCCENT (MacDill AFB) and sent to the Middle East

Awards, most importantly are Presidential Service Award. Global War on Terriorism Expiditionary award.

Very prooud to have been able to serve with the many other professional Marines, Soldiers, Saliors, and Airman, even at the age of 50.

We have many brave, proud, well trained military members to be proud of. So many have stepped forward to serve, knowing they would be sent to war. And we have weeded out many "questionable" service members who were in the military, taking tax payers money, but when push came to shove, they folded.

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:23 pm

David Mock MR-1 USN/Ret.

1966 to 1971 served as an Equpiment Operator (EO-2)
2 tours in Viet Nam NMCB-71, Mostly in Chu Lai, Dong Ha and Danang. Served with The ROK marines and a few Aussies.
Stationed also on Guam (NMCB-133)And Gitmo Cuba (PWD). Stateside was Davisville RI and Gulfport Miss.

71 I crossrated to Machinery Repairman and gave up the good life as a SEABEE to be regular Navy. Served mostly on sub tenders, Hunley, Canopus and LY Spear. Did a year at the Naval War College in Newport RI , Aircraft carrier Independence, Joint Chiefs of Staff at the Pentagon (4 Years)

Proud--- I came out alive , Actually I am very proud that I have done my part to fulfill my duties to this great country. Politics aside, it is great.

Awards 3rd Good Conduct award, National Defense Service Medal, Vietnamese Galantry Cross W/Palm, Vietnam Service Medal W/ 4 Bronze Stars & Fleet Marine Combat Insignia, Navy Unit Commendation (2 Awards), Vietnam Civil Action Unit Citation, Joint Service Commendation, Vietnam Campaign Device, Sharpshooter Ribbon.

My feelings for our service members God Bless em and they can hold their heads high for they are what makes the free world tick.
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Mike Duncan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Duncan » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:49 pm

Was sitting around scanning the Forum, and ran into this post. Man, I knew that there were a lot of guys I had things in common with when it came to tractors, but I see that Rudi and a few others were in a similar field as I was during my military life.

Name: Mike Duncan
Service: USAF Mar 85 - Apr 2005
Units Served With and When:
- 6950th ESG RAF Chicksands UK 1986-89
- Berlin Search Tower 1989 (Had to leave, the Berlin Wall came down and we tore the place down.)
- 6950th ESG RAF Chicksands UK 1989-91 (Went back as there was no place else to go)
- 694th Intelligence Squadron, Rosman Research Center N.C. 1992-94
- Wright-Patterson AFB, 1994-2000
- 18th Intelligence Sq Det 2 Osan AB South Korea, 2001-01
- Wright-Patterson AFB, 2001-05
Combined Ops: Worked with the Canadian Army in Berlin, as well as with the USA & USN folks from NSA that performed the same type of work I did on numerous TDY's.
Combat: Like a few others have stated, better left unsaid. Got to go to the big sand box the 1st time, they should have let us finish the job then!
Orders/Awards/Decorations: Meritorious Service Medal (2) AF Commendation Medal (5) AF Achievment Medal, National Defense Service Medal (2), Joint Meritorious Unit Award, South Korean Defense Medal
What are you most proud of about your Service? I wish everyone would take the jump and serve their country! I think the younger people would have a better understanding and respect for the rest of the world if they had to experience things that a lot of VETS have. VETS did their service to their country so that other folks can raise their kids and live their lifes the way they choose to. My only regret was having to retire. I was being force out for medical reasons, so instead of facing a medical review board, even though I had just been notified of my promotion to MSgt, I chose to put in my retirement papers and leave a job that I loved for over 20 yrs.
What are your feelings for today's Men and Women in Uniform? I have the utmost respect for our Men & Women in uniform. I will admit that I have a problem with sending women into combat,,,Maybe it's the way I was raised by my parents, but I'd have an easier time looking at a fellow soldier who just got shot up if that soldier was of the Male Gender. Nothing personal, I've had a lot of young women work for me over the years and I know they can and do serve their country just as well as a man, but i still have a soft spot towards the weaker sex.

Enough said, to all those who have served or continue to serve, thanks to you from me and my family as you have made us proud.
1939 Ford 9N Serial #144!!!, 1944 Ford 2N, 1948 Ford 8N and a 1950 IH Cub. Always looking for Cub implements as well!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:45 pm

Name: Lyle Eugene Garreau
Service: US Army. 1967 - 1990
Tours of Duty: Europe, Korea, Europe, Central America.
Specialties: Combat Engineer, Logistics, Intelligence
Combat? Mostly with the brass and a few bar fights.
Orders/Awards/Decorations: Nothing special.
What are your feelings for today's Men and Women in Uniform? Salute – utmost respect.

Short Story: Sunday afternoon, bicycling in the West German forest. I stopped at a trinkhalle (beverage stand) for a brew. One of the patrons was a Polish male in his early 20’s. When he found out that I was a US soldier he became really emotional. He teared up, shook my hand, offered to buy the drinks and thanked me (directed to the USA and Allies) for everything we had done for Poland.

Good Feelings: I have met many people from all over the world during my 20 years of military service, and having served about 17 years overseas. Most people were appreciative that the USA and their Allies were stationed in their country.

Virginia Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24095
Tractors Owned: '49 Cub
'49 JD "B"
'79 JD 2040
'50 DB "Garden Tractor"
'52 DB "Super Power"
'56 DB "Big 5"
'62 DB "Super 600"
'37 McCormick Deering "LA" engine

Postby Virginia Mike » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:19 am

Michael W. Spradlin

Aviation Boatswain Mate Equipment

NS Philadeipha, NAS Lakehurst, NAS Boca Chica

Combat only in bars :)

National Defence service medal

My son is in the Army driving tanks now. I praise all the young men and women who protect our freedom.

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:50 am

:D
Last edited by 400lbsonacubseatspring on Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:37 pm

EO2 Phillip W. Lenke
USN-R
Basic Training RTC GreatLakes ,Ill.
A-School- Equipment Operator Navy Seabees Port Hueneme ,CA
1884-1991
Honorman of our Basic Training
Distinguished Grad A-school
Class Leader
Been to the following Bases:
Fort Benning,GA
Fort Jackson,SC
Great Lakes.Il
Port Hueneme ,CA
Glenveiw, airbase,Ill
Gulfport,MS
Selfrige,Naval Air Station,Mt. Clemons,MI

Got out just before Desert Storm.
No Combat service
4 Children and a Wife. all between 1983-1990 wasn't leaving them again.
4 yr service award
HONORORABLE DISCHARGE 1991That's enough of an award.
My son-in-law is currently a 2nd liei in the army reserves going for a chaplins position,I counld'nt be prouder.
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:05 pm

Wow, should I be suprised at how many EO's here?? I was supposed to be one but that is a long story. Still wish I had some dozer time, but could have been lucky cause we were still in Viet Nam.

Shorter story

Larry D
1974 Constructionman Apprentice E-2 got a medal for having a pulse (national defense), never made it to EO school.
1975 -79 TD2 (E-5) Training Device technician school in Memphis, Naval War College Newport, RI (wow another one!) travelled with the senior international class ( Captains/Commanders from 39 countries) on two trips, lots of war games with NATO etc. And a year in Va Beach on an A-6 flight simulator.

Got a good conduct medal.

And the grateful citizens of the US helped me buy my house (VA loan) and go to college (GI Bill). Got a BS in Business from URI with high honors and graduated top of my 'night school' class in 1991.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

mykarmann
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mykarmann » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:09 pm

Name : CPT Marcus Burhanna

Service US Air Army Reserve 2001-present

Units Served With and When: (2001-2004) 256th Combat Support Hospital Brooklyn, OH (2004-present) IMA attached to Ireland Army Hosital, FT. Knox, KY

Presently at Walter Reed Medical Center, I was mobilized 20 March 06 and will be here for 1 yr. Everyday I see wounded soldiers who have returned from Irag and Afghanistan. Many of them are really busted up and they and their families really need our support and prayers.

I've been lurking on this forum for some time and recently picked up a 1960 Lo-boy with C3 mower, looking for a blade to put on to push some snow around with in the winter. My "real" home is New Carlisle, OH and my cub is waiting for me. I thank all who have served before me.

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:32 pm

welcome to the best tractor site on the net. Thanks for being there for our returning troops. Its a tough postion to be in. Hang in there.

Bigschuss
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01256
Tractors Owned: 1984 JD 990
1953 JD 40S
1973 JD 300 Snowmobile

Postby Bigschuss » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:39 am

Name: Blair mahar

Rank: I was an E-2 in the US Army and then an E-4 (SRA) in the USAF.

Service: Us Army Reserve 1987-1988, Active Duty Air Force 1988-1992.

Units: 1st Tactical Fighter Wing, Langley AFB, VA.

Combat: Not combat, but combat zone for 7 months during Desert Storm.

Awards: Southwest Asia Service, National Defense, Kuwait Liberation (SA and Kuwait) et al.

I am most proud of following in the footsteps of my forefathers; great-granfather H. Mahar (France WWI), grandfather Henry Mahar (CBI in WWII), and my father Ron Mahar (Bien Hoa 1967 in Vietnam).

Today's troops??? Everyday I struggle with going back into the service to be a part of the team. I am in awe of our troops. And I am proud of everyone one of them!

bjgravley
10+ Years
10+ Years

THANKS EVERYONE

Postby bjgravley » Tue May 09, 2006 3:29 am

my son will be comissioned in the united states army soon ,i ask for all your prayers,and once again thanks for all you who fought evil so we all could be safe

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Tue May 16, 2006 6:55 pm

Ain't nothing sacred. Eugene

Subject: Military

Three men are sitting stiffly side by side on a long commercial flight. After they're airborne and the plane has leveled off, the man in the window seat abruptly says, distinctly and confidently, in a loud voice, "Willouby, Admiral, United States Navy, retired. Married, two sons, both surgeons."

After a few minutes the man in the aisle seat states through a tight lipped smile, "Sloan. Admiral, United States Coast Guard, retired. Married, two sons, both Judges."

After some thought, the fellow in the center seat decides to introduce himself. With a twinkle in his eye he proclaims, " O' Bryan, Master Chief Gunnery Sergeant, United States Marines, retired. Never married, two sons, both Admirals."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having just moved into his new office, a pompous, new colonel was sitting at his desk when an airman knocked on the door. Conscious of his new position, the colonel quickly picked up the phone, told the airman to enter, then said into the phone, "Yes, General, I'll be seeing him this afternoon and I'll pass along your message. In the meantime, thank you for your good wishes, sir."

Feeling as though he had sufficiently impressed the young enlisted man, he asked, "What do you want?"

"Nothing important, sir," the airman replied, "I'm just here to hook up your telephone."
--------------------------------------

Officer: "Soldier, do you have change for a dollar?"
Soldier: "Sure, buddy."
Officer: "That's no way to address an officer! Now let's try it again! Do you have change for a dollar?"
Soldier: "No, SIR!"
----------------------------------------------------------------

An Air Force chief master sergeant and a general were sitting in the barbershop. They were both just getting finished with their shaves, when the barbers reached for some after-shave to slap on their faces. The general shouted, "Hey, don't put that stuff on me! My wife will think I've been in a whorehouse!"

The chief turned to his barber and said, "Go ahead and put it on me. My wife doesn't know what the inside of a whorehouse smells like."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well," snarled the tough old Navy chief to the bewildered seaman, "I suppose after you get discharged from the Navy, you'll just be waiting for me to die so you can come and piss on my grave.."

"Not me, Chief!" the seaman replied. "Once I get out of the Navy, I'm never going to stand in line again!"

Return to “Off Topic”