This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Calling All Veterans

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Calling All Veterans

Postby Rudi » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:57 pm

Well it seems that a thread sparked a little interest in Veterans who love Cubs. Seems the big question is... how many on the forum are Veterans.

If you are a Veteran, how about letting us know. Most of my fellow Veterans are proud to have served and wear the uniform of their respective services, be it in peace-time (what is that??) WW1/WW2/Korea/Congo/Eqypt/Vietnam/Gulf 1 and 2/Iraq/Afghanistan/Special ops....

So.. was thinkin..

How about a little blurb
    Name
    Rank
    Service
    Units Served With and When
    NATO/NORAD?
    Combined Ops eg: Canadian serving with US Forces in Kuwat? US serving with Canadian Forces in the Arctic?
    Combat?
    Orders/Awards/Decorations

What are you most proud of about your Service?
    What are your feelings for today's Men and Women in Uniform?

Is this a thread many would be interested in?

Thanks.. will post my info shortly... chow bell has just rang... time to put the feed bag on :!: 8) :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:53 pm

Don McCombs
LTC (Ret)
U.S. Army
1st Cavalry Division, 1971
1st Aviation Brigade, 1971-72, Republic of Vietnam
Delaware Army National Guard, 1973-2005
Legion of Merit, Air Medal(6), Army Commendation Medal(2), Vietnam Service Medal

I am most proud that I was able to serve in the cause of preserving and expanding freedom in the world.

I couldn't be more proud of today's military men and women. They serve bravely and honorably in a military that pays them pauper's wages.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:25 pm

R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Corporal
Canadian Forces - Naval Element
Communications Research Operator MOC 291
CFCC SRS 1975-1978, 1980-1987
Various Stations mostly CFS Inuvik 3 yrs, CFS Alert 2 6 month tours, CFS Leitrim and CFE CFB Lahr FRG. CFS Carp (the Diefenbunker)

Special Service Medal - 2 Bars

1. I am proud of the fact that I provided much needed strategic intel resources to the Commint Community - CanUKUS, during the Cold War and helped to keep the Free World -- well Free.... I am proud to have served in one of the world's most inhospitable environment - twice.

2. I take my hat off to those men and women in our forces who have gone gladly and with pride into combat as a Nation for the first time since Korea. They also serve masters who pay them paupers wages, and when they retire, have to fight for benefits. They are STAND UP citizens. I just wish our politicians had the backbone and moral fiber that our service people have.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:59 am

Larry Walters
Sgt E-5
Radio Teletype Ops, Radio Ops
HHC 196th Inf. Bde. Vietnam
7-70 to 7-71

I am proud to have served for my country. After saying that, I'm one of those guys that had to be dragged down the front steps of my daddy's house and bussed down to Cincinnati. I still have knots on the back of my head from those concrete steps. :oops:

I served with Canadians, Aussies, ROK Marines and I honor them and their country's comittment to an unpopular war. Sounds familiar, huh? I know I left people out, but these men I had contact with.

I am in complete awe of todays military. They are trained and motivated. I just admire them. 8) I watch them on TV and my heart goes out to them. We owe them more than we can ever repay them. Regardless of the way a person feels politically, they are a part of us. I can respect a difference of opinion about the war, but it is very hard to respect a person that cannot understand and support what these men are doing for us.
Last edited by ljw on Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:57 am

Name : John Paulson

Rank Sgt (Probably one of the last, college was my thing, not the PFE) :D

Service US Air Force 5/87-9/95

Units Served With and When 28th Bomb Wing (Ellsworth AFB) and last 3 yrs @ Elmendorf AFB, Anchorage Alaska

NATO/NORAD? No

Combined Ops eg: Canadian serving with US Forces in Kuwat? US serving with Canadian Forces in the Arctic? No

Combat? No, my planes severed in desert storm/shield. i volunteered repeatedly to go in country but evidently needed where i was.
Orders/Awards/Decorations (3-4) different standard ones nothing special

What are you most proud of about your Service? I went in an immature boy with no plan. I came out a man with a plan, college degree and a proffession. During my stay my name was submitted for a presidential letter of recognition, (for my electronic repair capability and saving the government bucko bucks) still waiting. was informed it takes up to twenty years. so i got a few left before i need to start worrying.

What are your feelings for today's Men and Women in Uniform? I have the utmost respect, and will defend their honor, whatever it takes. I see a tatered flag, i am on the phone calling that place ensuring they replace and destroy it in the proper fashion. Military movies i am nothing but goosebumps. Missing man formation forget it, get the kleenex, taps, same thing, Its hard to believe there are some military movies i can watch anymore (repeat viewing) because they just tear me up. My oldest daughter leaves next week for active duty army- she has been reserves past 4 yrs, next oldest daughter is in AIT-army currently. Oldest son going air gaurd this fall. Getting my 10 and 7 yr geared for that lifestyle. Firmly believe that there should be a two year compensatory service. I bet if there was crime, gang, drug abuse, violence in general might be a different story????? something to think about.

jostev
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03574
eBay ID: farmallkid48
Skype Name: farmall_kid
Tractors Owned: 41 B
48 H
49 C
50 red demo Cub
51 C
52 Cub
54 Super C
61 and 63 Cub Cadet Originals
78 Cub Cadet 1450
73 154 lo-boy

Postby jostev » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:06 am

I have no plans to go into the amry etc, but I do thank all of you who have served to keep us safe :!: :!:

Johnny

PS, you guys don't get enough recognition

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:51 am

Edit
Last edited by Jack fowler on Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

(CUB HUT)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47401

Postby (CUB HUT) » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:23 am

NAME--- David Lutes
RANK---E5--Staff sgt.
SERVICE--U S A F --- 1968---1974
UNITS---Basic training --Lackland A F Base San Antonio Texas
Tec school with the See Bees Port Huenemie Calf.
305th Bomber Wing Grissom Air Force base Ind. civil engineering unit 55151 heavy equipment operator
2 years with the 5010 ces unit at Eielson Air Force Base ( Air Defense Command ) Fairbanks Alaska
2 yrs. inactive reserve
Most Proud Of-- The fact that I served and didn't run off and hide in Canada or College
FEELINGS--since I served in the time of VIETNAM
When we got home no matter where we served we were shunned and called baby rappers and mother killers, with no respect for the service too our country. WE had no welcome home nothing!!
Couldn't even join the V F W--- and still won't too this day!!
A lot of us are still trying to get our medical benefits we are allowed.
Shame On THE USA and all of those who feel the way they do toward the VETS of VIETNAM era

____ REMEMBER THE P O W & M I A____
THE OLDER I GET ---THE BETTER I WAS

If you can read this... thank a teacher... if you are reading it in English....THANK A VET !!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:22 pm

Larry:

Larry Walters
Sgt E-5
Radio Teletype Ops, Radio Ops
HHC 196th Inf. Bde. Vietnam
7-70 to 7-71

By any chance was Commint/SigInt collection part of your forte? One of the guys I served with in Lahr was a retired US Chief Warrant... Navy -- he was into sigint collection.. which is where I spent most of my time... signal collection..

John:

Firmly believe that there should be a two year compensatory service. I bet if there was crime, gang, drug abuse, violence in general might be a different story????? something to think about.

Many of us here in Canada have been advocating Cumpolsory National Service for over 40 years... minimum 2 years - every male and female.. just like Switzerland... sure would instill some discipline into people.

Not only that, but then most civvies would then be actually military and would then UNDERSTAND the concept that for every dollar spent on the Military - 10 to 15 dollars is spent on R&D, Supply & Services etc.... the Military is not a drain, but it is actually one heck of a viable Financial Engine for any Nation.....

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:29 pm

Rudi,

By any chance was Commint/SigInt collection part of your forte?

I apologize for not knowing the military jargon. I was in S-2 which is intelligence gathering. I worked at BTOC (Brigade Tactical Ops Command) We constantly gathered intel from the various battalions, i.e., enemy locations, KIA's, weather forecast, etc. For a couple of months, me and another guy were a radio team, relaying info from a battalion with a weak signal, to the brigade. You know, the 196th Inf. Bde. was one of three brigades of the 23rd Inf. Div., more commonly known as the Americal Division. The (in)famous Lt. Calley was with the 198th Brigade. I noticed that Don was with the 1st Cav. The 1/1 Cav. operated out of a place called LZ Hawk Hill which was brigade hq.

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:07 pm

Larry,

I was with the Cav in the US, but I was also in the Americal for a while at Chu Lai.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

shoes
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 99224

Postby shoes » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:03 pm

Larry Shoemaker

CMSgt (E9)

USAF and the Washington Air National Guard, 1967 - 2002
Desert Shield/Storm- 90-91, Restore Hope (Somalia)- 92-93, Deny Flight (Bosnia)- 95, Allied Force (Kosavo)- 99, GWOT- 01

most proud: To serve my country.

todays military: Each generation has had outstanding individuals serving and todays military is no different. They are better educated, trained and have the desire to do what is neccesary. I salute them!

DuxburyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby DuxburyFarmall » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:00 am

I would like to thank everyone who served their countries.

I unfortunately was unable to serve.

The closest that I got to go into the service was the Naval Sea/League cadets (http://www.seacadets.org/public/) which would have lead me into the Navy had it not been for a preexisting heart murmur.

Chad
'51 Cub and a 60's Cub Lo-Boy

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:20 am

Unfortunately I was a reject when I tired to enlist in the late 60s. Like Cha, I have the greatest respect to those whoe serve in the armed forces, and wish to offer my thanks to them.
John
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64784

Postby jim turner » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:24 am

NAME: James P Turner
UNITS: 2nd 82n, 3rd 21st FA
SERVED: Germany, Berlin 1962 til 1966
COMBAT: No however did gaurd the Berlin wall when things was not so good.
AWARDS: recieved the US Army accomendation award for outstanding leadership.
Proud of the honor to serve my country and the US Army
Feelings of today's Men &Women serving, I have the upmost respect and thanks for those serving They are doing a great job and my wish and prayer they can come home soon
Jim Turner

Return to “Off Topic”