This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Addiction - Not to cubs

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:21 am

Tom you are carrying some heavy baggage. I pray one of the ropes holding it frays and the load falls off.
One of our guys sums it up well. Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% what I do with it (allow it to do to me).

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:02 pm

beaconlight wrote:Tom you are carrying some heavy baggage. I pray one of the ropes holding it frays and the load falls off.
One of our guys sums it up well. Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% what I do with it (allow it to do to me).

Bill

Bill,

The trick is to tip the bellboy enough, so you don't have to carry it yourself. :twisted: :D :lol: :shock:

Sorry, Boys, if all of this seemed terribly insensitive. I think the explanation is that one of my bad days coincided with one of VD's.

Apologies all around.

Tom

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:06 pm

Sometimes venting keeps the blood pressure in a livale range.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:29 pm

Tom, I read your posts because they give me pause to think....unless it's about CO2, and I'm not going there! :? You know, I believe that life is a learning experience, and there are hills and valleys. But I can't forget what has happened in my past and I wouldn't want to forget. Like it or not, we learn from our mistakes, and others mistakes. At this point in my life, I forgive everyone that has wronged me. I can't imagine their state of mind, and the devils that possessed them when they committed their shameful act(s). But you said it yourself. You remember the past and you are determined that you won't make the same mistakes that others have. I pray that others will forgive me my mistakes because in this life you can't help but make them. No matter how a person feels about things in life, his last words on this earth will be "God help me". I believe that with all my heart. Larry

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby John(videodoc) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:20 pm

400lbsonacubseatspring wrote:
beaconlight wrote:Tom you are carrying some heavy baggage. I pray one of the ropes holding it frays and the load falls off.

Bill

Bill,

The trick is to tip the bellboy enough, so you don't have to carry it yourself. :twisted: :D :lol: :shock:

Sorry, Boys, if all of this seemed terribly insensitive. I think the explanation is that one of my bad days coincided with one of VD's.

Apologies all around.

Tom

i really need to think about chaning my handle. its the abbreviation of VD that gets me. :oops: :wink: :D :lol:

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:19 am

John,

Do you remember that set of public service announcements during the Nixon years about VD? Primetime TV was bombarded with them, they seemed to be mostly in Black and White if I recall correctly. I was a boy then, and asked my grandmother what all of that was about.

Her reply was "VD is something people get from going to the bathroom outside"...she was a creative fabricator in these situations. Although I learned the truth quickly enough, that thought stuck with me for years, and it was some time before relieving oneself behind the barn became ok again.

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:53 am

Doc, thanks for sharing your job and it's intrusions into your private life we love you for the work you do.
Self destruction is very difficult to understand, for that is what anyone who abuses achohol, drugs, cigarettes......is realy into.
Personal abuse in theory is a personal problem, BUT it always flows over into the lives of many others in so many ways, wives, husbands, kids, friends, coworkers........
The rehab job is not an easy one in any way, even when it goes right, there is always that sneaky feeling that perhaps the person will be back, or worse abuse and not be back.
Jake. I would like to say how much I admire you. You have a personal will of iron, please try not to let it soften, we love you and know you love yourself, keep on doing just that, love yourself. You'll do it, I know.
400, We love you, you are showing us 2 cases of abuse that has flowed over into someone elses life poluting that life, perhaps for ever. I repeat 400 we love you and your self understanding and care for your little girl, keep at it!
I have only very briefly cut across the adiction path in others lives, 4.5 years working helping others to get back into work, a fairly large number drink or drug abusers. Encouragement I found the only tool in my box worth a dime. Even then such long periods have to be invested so that the will of the person MAY change. Again, Jake well done,
Pat

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby John(videodoc) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:06 am

400lbsonacubseatspring wrote:John,

Do you remember that set of public service announcements during the Nixon years about VD? Primetime TV was bombarded with them, they seemed to be mostly in Black and White if I recall correctly. I was a boy then, and asked my grandmother what all of that was about.

Her reply was "VD is something people get from going to the bathroom outside"...she was a creative fabricator in these situations. Although I learned the truth quickly enough, that thought stuck with me for years, and it was some time before relieving oneself behind the barn became ok again.

Remember Tom, i'm a youngin :D . still waring diapers when he was elected. :lol: But i do remember them films in basic training they should us (1987), looked like the same films they showed in 1947. :lol:

Return to “Off Topic”