This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Gratitude for you all

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:44 am

:D Thats Great Paul. I knew you could do it :!: Keep on keepin on I hope to meet you at a cubfest some time.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul_NJ » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:06 am

Thanks for all of the well wishes!

Marion: I'm sorry I only acknowledged the list of posters. Thank you and anyone else who also were a part of my prayer group. My own participation in past prayer requests was always "anonymous" too so I should have thought to add "and everyone else" to the list.

By the way, my surgeon called with the pathology report late last night which concluded everything was totally contained in the prostate gland with clear unaffected and unpenetrated margins encapsulating it. Therefore everything cancerous was removed, and nothing was left behind. In his words: "there's nothing more. . . we got it all . . . what was there is now completely gone". No more beautiful words could I have heard. He really sounded pleased and satisfied and said now he can happily leave on his vacation skiing in Colorado next week because of this good news. I like a doctor who shows their human side.

But I know it was God's intervention, guidance, and control of the circumstances that is ultimately responsible for the outcome. And you all were a big part of that. Thank you.

And last but not least, I can't more strongly recommend that each of you get a PSA blood test each year, particularly if you're over 50. It's specific to prostate cancer. That's how they discovered my cancer, probably years before there were any detectable symptoms. They couldn't do that only 15 years ago! I read something like 20% of all men will be affected during their life. You've got to do it for yourself, and for those who love you. Don't take a chance!

Paul
51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:33 am

Paul_NJ wrote:And last but not least, I can't more strongly recommend that each of you get a PSA blood test each year, particularly if you're over 50. It's specific to prostate cancer. That's how they discovered my cancer, probably years before there were any detectable symptoms. They couldn't do that only 15 years ago! I read something like 20% of all men will be affected during their life. You've got to do it for yourself, and for those who love you. Don't take a chance!

Paul

Paul,

You may never know how many of us were in your corner praying, and are happy that you had a good outcome.

The PSA detected mine in early 2003... shortly before CubFest 2003. Because of my lung problems I wasn't considered a surgery candidate (anesthetic), and was told that radiation was my only option. Immediately after CubFest I had radiation implant surgery... bad move. I've been dealing with the after effects of the radiation ever since. It's nasty stuff, especially in the hands of the wrong doctors. The doctors at Cleveland Clinic have been great, and if I had gone to them first I think I'd be a different (better) man today.

I spent 5 weeks making daily road trips for the external radiation treatment, so I couldn't spend the time preparing for CubFest that I wanted. The 3 Dotson brothers came to the rescue.

Thanks again Gene, Gary, and Larry.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul_NJ » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:34 am

Cowboy wrote::D Thats Great Paul. I knew you could do it :!: Keep on keepin on I hope to meet you at a cubfest some time.

Billy

Billy

I'd like that. Back in the 70's I went to college in Ann Arbor and used to drive US 23 south to Toledo on my way to visit an old girlfriend in Middletown OH. I believe that's fairly close to Britten. I recall lots of old beautiful barns out that way. Hope some of them are still left and not been urbanized away. Would like to take my kids out there some day. My uncle retired to live on Lake Charleboix near Boine Mountain. Now that's beautiful country!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:36 am

Paul:

Excellent news. I knew, just knew it would be ok....

And yup.. the PSA is an incredible test. My wife's uncle passed away because of advanced prostate cancer which wasn't detected until way too late. If the PSA had been available, Mon-Oncle Eric would probably still be with us.

I have one done every year and also the other test every 6 months... that one I am not too thrilled about... :roll: :( :( :(
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul_NJ » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:56 am

George Willer wrote:
Paul_NJ wrote:And last but not least, I can't more strongly recommend that each of you get a PSA blood test each year, particularly if you're over 50. It's specific to prostate cancer. That's how they discovered my cancer, probably years before there were any detectable symptoms. They couldn't do that only 15 years ago! I read something like 20% of all men will be affected during their life. You've got to do it for yourself, and for those who love you. Don't take a chance!

Paul

Paul,

You may never know how many of us were in your corner praying, and are happy that you had a good outcome.

The PSA detected mine in early 2003... shortly before CubFest 2003. Because of my lung problems I wasn't considered a surgery candidate (anesthetic), and was told that radiation was my only option. Immediately after CubFest I had radiation implant surgery... bad move. I've been dealing with the after effects of the radiation ever since. It's nasty stuff, especially in the hands of the wrong doctors. The doctors at Cleveland Clinic have been great, and if I had gone to them first I think I'd be a different (better) man today.

I spent 5 weeks making daily road trips for the external radiation treatment, so I couldn't spend the time preparing for CubFest that I wanted. The 3 Dotson brothers came to the rescue.

Thanks again Gene, Gary, and Larry.

George

Thanks for being in my corner.

I didn't realize you had been through prostate cancer. I really thought hard and long about choosing between surgery and radiation. The more I read the more I realized that there are so many unknowns, and that a clear cut absolute solution that applies to each person does not exist. In the final running, along with surgery I considered a clinical procedure in Georgia that combines seed implants with external beam radiation. I would have had to move to GA for 2 months. Perhaps this procedure is similar to the way you went. The discussions about radiation always focus on how it is so non-invasive compared to surgery and how there are so many fewer side effects immediately after treatment. But they never seem to discuss longer term after effects, which I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with. Out of the (many) books I read when I first was confronted with my diagnosis, one of the two best was by an MD at the Cleveland Clinic, Dr. Stephen Jones, which I found very helpful. It sounds like they are one of the premier research and treatment centers in the world. I hope things are improving for you.

Paul

Return to “Off Topic”