This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

And The Beat Goes On

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

And The Beat Goes On

Postby Barnyard » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:42 pm

It was 1974, right after our wedding (not immediately after the wedding) and Rosanne and I were watching some Christmas movie on TV. I don’t remember which move, it could have been that Donna Reed/Jimmy Stewart Christmas classic "It's a Wonderful Life." Or perhaps it was my favorite actor, Mister Magoo, in “Christmas Carol”. But anyway, a commercial for M&M peanuts came on. The commercial had some nonsense how great they are for stocking suffers. Rosanne and I laughed, and I said something to the effect that nobody stuffs M&M’s in a Christmas stocking.

Then I got a crazy idea. The next day I swung by the store and picked up a medium size bag of those things and on Christmas Eve I slipped them in her stocking. On Christmas morning I waited for her to check her stocking for the surprise. After she laughed about it, I looked to see what I had. Guess what? She pulled the same thing on me. This immediately became a Christmas tradition for all future Christmas’. Now, after 47 years, I am happy to say I woke Christmas morning and found M&M peanuts in my stocking. Of course, at my age, just waking in the morning makes me happy.

At any rate, the tradition remains unbroken.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Re: And The Beat Goes On

Postby ricky racer » Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:55 pm

:lol: Nothing says love like stuffing M&M's in your spouse's stocking! :lol: You are a very lucky couple! :||):
By the way, my wife got M&M' too... :lol:
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub #140966 "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub #187541 "Betty" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub #190482 "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub #191739 "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub #194370 "Boris" with Mott Flail mower

Re: And The Beat Goes On

Postby Dale Finch » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:01 am

In our family (4 of us kids) it was always a box of chocolate covered cherries...tradition continues after 70 years!!! :D

P.S. The boxes certainly don't hold as many anymore!!
And M&M's would have fit a lot easier! :lol:
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

Return to “Off Topic”