This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Runs on water!!! And it's not steam

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Runs on water!!! And it's not steam

Postby Patbretagne » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:44 am

Does anyone know any more about this Pantone business?
My step-step son put me onto it at the weekend.
http://www.teslatech.info/ttstore/artic ... t/geet.htm
If it is as good as it seems what's the catch.
OR is it just another scam?
Something that puts me a little on the sceptic side is the instruction to place the exhaust/transfer/heater in the north/south axis for the first 20 minutes of service!
Why replace the blade of mower with disk? Lack of power...?
BUT if the "authorities" have bought up the companies, webnames etc, could there be something in it?
Anyone got an old mower engine that runs?
Pat

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:00 am

Whenever I see something that says FREE and then adds $75.00 plus includes a 900 phone number :?: . I will avoid that FREE offer. :roll:
Then came Bronson

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:26 am

Instering. But I cannot see getting it to even start untill the engine is running and up the temp with the reaction rod heated by the exhust. The newsgroup is not there. My neibor was talking about somthing like that last nite someone was running a RV on some system that sounded like that. Said he saw it on a show that is on sunday morings. But I just don't know :?:

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:34 am

Pat,

Here's the only claim I could find: "Benefits include Multi-Fuel availability, and up to 99% lower emissions and double the run time or MPG!" Thinking carefully that could be anything more than 0% and less than 99%, and certainly running the exhaust through a bubbler could be expected to remove something. I think it's another one of those 200 MPG carburetors. :(

Aren't multiple fuels available now? (not that he claims the briggs will run on all of them)

I have an old briggs engine on a butt buggy I built to ride at shows. The blade drive has been replaced by an automotive flywheel. It changes the way that old Briggs runs a lot! CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:39 am

To me, it looks like nothing more than a BS way to preheat fuel, with a steel rod in a copper pipe to add a taste of magic. Kinda like starting a old engine (tractor or stationary) on gasoline to get it warmed up enough that it would then run on kerosene preheated by the engine...........without the steel rod in the copper pipe. You could even run them east and west if you wanted to.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:21 am

Pat:

I agree with JB. Stuff like this I stay away from -- as far away from as I can get. These Saturday and Sunday morning TV shows are Paid Programming - which is Madison Avenue's term for ADS :!: :roll: :roll: NOT 8) at all..

Old rule of thumb: It it sounds too good to be true, it bloody well is :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:26 am

It is pure BS. Just like the 100 mpg carburetors hawked back in the 1970s. Notice the disclaimer "All plans are experimental" - that means it won't work for you as claimed.

The heavy flywheel only stores energy, creating the illusion of fabulous power from nearly nothing. The "reaction" rod is a heat exchanger, no reaction is occuring.

I'd love to see him cut my lawn with that mower in May using only gas fumes. The engine's inherent mechanical effeciency can not be substantially changed by heating the fuel mixture and facing magnetic North. Why North???
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:37 am

At best, it is a manually controlled EGR valve and a warm air intake. At worst, it is an obstruction in the intake stream.

These stupid things come up every so often, usually the same things over and over. Note that this one was released "to help save lives if Y2K electrical supply problems are a reality". It has been around for a while.

Usually these charlatans ultimately come up with some variation of the argument "prove that it doesn't work". Don't play that game as it is a waste of time. Their claims should be supported by THEIR juried proof.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:49 pm

Lurker Carl wrote:The heavy flywheel only stores energy, creating the illusion of fabulous power from nearly nothing. The "reaction" rod is a heat exchanger, no reaction is occuring.

Carl,

I never imagined the heavy flywheel could add anything, except for the ability to run much slower and perform useful work while doing so. It is probably LESS efficient and hard on the engine, but it does turn some heads of folks who have never heard a Briggs run like that. Most folks don't even know the difference.

I saw that the heart of that guy's system was nothing more than a heat exchanger and a bubbler. The "magic" must be in the bubbler!
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

DuxburyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby DuxburyFarmall » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:07 pm

I've seen boilers that have a re-burn system that fed part of the exhaust gasses (still need fresh air to produce a burn so this GEET will die out without new Oxygen perhaps that is what the bubbler is supposed to do? Release Oxygen from Carbon Mon-Oxide?) back into the boiler. This is to burn some of the Nitrogen Oxide to prevent more being introduced into the atmosphere. If I remember correctly (this was about 13 years ago) it only gave about 1% fuel efficiency back to the boiler. I worked with the company that was installing the systems at Northeastern University.

I still have my doubts about this GEET system.

Chad
'51 Cub and a 60's Cub Lo-Boy

DuxburyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby DuxburyFarmall » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:17 pm

The systems that were installed were called Low NOx.

This is the company that I worked at for a breif time (High school project) http://www.gtwilkinson.com/products.html

Chad
'51 Cub and a 60's Cub Lo-Boy

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:36 pm

There is no carburator, only manual adjustments. I can't visualize this thing being easy to start - specially in winter. Once started and warmed up you could probably get a very lean fuel mixture - which isn't always good for the engine.

They are using gasoline in the example. One engine backfire would send exhaust gases back through the fuel - gasoline.

I'm buying lottery tickets with my $75.00. I'm using my lottery winnings to fund my retirement. I just missed winning 210 million dollars in last nights powerball drawing. I only missed by 5 numbers and the powerball.

Eugene

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:48 pm

George Willer wrote:I never imagined the heavy flywheel could add anything, except for the ability to run much slower and perform useful work while doing so. It is probably LESS efficient and hard on the engine, but it does turn some heads of folks who have never heard a Briggs run like that.

The big flywheel doesn't add anything except some smoke and mirrors. Just like the heavy blades on a brush hog propels a tractor when you want to stop, that flywheel on the little B&S will do the same thing. But you need to add energy upon starting before you can recover it later - it's robbing Peter to pay Paul. What good is the lawnmower with a flywheel instead of a cutting blade under the deck?
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:43 pm

This post reminds me of something that was going around in the early 90's. Does anyone remember the water magnets??? They also sold them for use on automobiles to improve gas mileage. What a fars :lol: Supposebly the magnets took the place of a water softner and would prevent hard water deposits from forming in the water heater. And of course you could put these same magnets on your fuel line to get increased mileage. It was quite a scam for a while.

I just did a google search and sure enough they are still out there :?

Return to “Off Topic”