This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

African waterhole

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

African waterhole

Postby ljw » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:57 pm

My brother sent me this. It may be common knowledge to most of you, but I thought kind of stuff is interesting. Larry

http://www.sanparks.org/parks/kruger/webcams/

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

DuxburyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby DuxburyFarmall » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:27 pm

That is really cool.

Thanks.

Chad
'51 Cub and a 60's Cub Lo-Boy

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:45 pm

Hey Larry,

I finally got to see 2 zebras, and another non-descript quadroped!!

COOL!

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ljw » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:09 pm

Wouldn't you know not too long after I posted that website it became stuck or frozen for some reason. Those zebras have been there for at least a day. But in the past few days I've seen wildebeast with babies, water buffalo, and big stork like birds. Honest! :oops: Larry

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:12 pm

Awww Shucks!!

After a couple of times of just seeing a lifeless mudpuddle, I thought I actually saw something unique.

Oh well :(

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bob McCarty » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:50 pm

Do you have to hit "refresh" to get the next picture? I couldn't see the zebras moving at all.

Bob

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ljw » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:02 pm

You won't see any movement. A pic, or snapshot is taken every 30 seconds. The first pic may show something walking to the water. The next shot is of them drinking, or whatever. I was watching a water buffalo a couple of days ago and he didn't move! Then I noticed ripples in the water and movements of his head. Since posting the link to this site I've been reading some of the forum info and have found that the water level is maintained by park personnel, I suppose. I wondered how the water stayed in there. It didn't appear to be any watershed that would fill it naturally. I was watching one time and noticed something in the water poking its head above the surface of the water in different locations. You must understand. I don't have a life! :( Larry

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:45 am

Larry,

I can see how this can become obsessive. After 15 minutes of watching Impala coming and going, and seeing the wind making ripples on the water, I swear I could smell the fresh air of summer.

Isn't that bizarre?

This is the best way to visit Africa, though. No need to worry about terrorists, racial tension, malaria, or being eaten by lions.

I've always wanted to go to Africa, but I should have done it when I was in my 20's. Now I'm too old, too sick, and too scared.

Return to “Off Topic”