This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

GOTTA A PLAN

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL
Circle of Safety: Y

GOTTA A PLAN

Postby John(videodoc) » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:23 am

Always wanting to be diligent in my efforts, i like to mull over them for a period of time, before i do them, as my father did. Anyway, i had a door knob come loose on a bedroom door while spending all my time in the garage/shop recently. I told the wife i had a plan. Well sure enough over a couple of weeks, a couple more knobs loosened up. I kept telling her i had a plan.

Finally she asked, "WHAT EXACTLY IS YOUR PLAN TO FIX THESE THREE LOOSE DOOR KNOBS!! :x "

My reply :) "I was just waiting for a fourth one to get loose, as i didnt want to gather all the tools needed, and take time away from the shop, unless there was a PRESSING issue inside."

Her response, she went and broke the fourth knob.
My response, i went to the shop gathered the tools, and fixed all FOUR knobs.

Glad to have her back after her surgery.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck

Postby Carm » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:36 am

I like that paln! Although I would probably need those tools to remove the door knobs frm my rear end! Maybe I'll try it anyway. Gladd the missus is back and doing well.

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:45 pm

hope the wife is doing OK. Doorknobs can be a pain--I've done a little locksmithing for about 14 years and my back door is hard to open. My plan....fix it when I can't open it!!!
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:24 am

grumpy wrote:hope the wife is doing OK. Doorknobs can be a pain--I've done a little locksmithing for about 14 years and my back door is hard to open. My plan....fix it when I can't open it!!!

sounds like what my back doctor said, "John, since you are still able to walk without unbearable pain, we aren't going to do surgery at this time, but when you can't walk, give us a call and then we will do something for you. "

what a plan huh?

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:45 pm

videodoc wrote:
sounds like what my back doctor said, "John, since you are still able to walk without unbearable pain, we aren't going to do surgery at this time, but when you can't walk, give us a call and then we will do something for you. "

what a plan huh?

When I got to that point it was too late. Wasn't able to go back to work, and guess I will walk with a cane from now on. My problem was a bad hip though. I can't walk very far at a time though.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:37 am

videodoc wrote:

what a plan huh?

I have been told by the same doctor to:

-Try to be as active as possible, and move around more.
-If I have a lot of pain, it's my body's way of telling me to take it easy.
-Losing some weight would probably help your pain.
-If you weren't as large as you are, your legs would not be nearly as strong.
-Keep your sugar under control, no matter how much insulin it takes
-Taking too much insulin will eventually damage your heart, but so will high sugars.

My Conclusion, drawn from statements like these, and many others, is that medicine as a science contains certain facts, upon which the profession bases conjectures that blow about in the wind like toilet paper in a tornado.

In the last year of my wife's life, certain doctor's believed that her pain was not real, and that she had become addicted to opiate pain killers. This was certainly partly true. I watched, however, as they took these medications from her, and saw her cardiac enzymes elevate, which, shocking the doctors into realizing that without them, she was, in fact, having continuous heart damage, and therefore, heart pain, they returned her to them, this time using much stronger ones than before.

I did some research into how that could have happened, and came up with a hypothesis, which I explained at great length to her team of physicians. They told me that while they had not considered such a thing possible, it was the only reasonable explanation.

There is a saying in the profession, that "If you hear hoofbeats, look for horses, not zebras" The only problem with that, is, what happens when a herd of unicorns comes charging? You are utterly doomed. In a world where not only zebras, but mules, donkeys, hinneys, ponies, and the occaisional unicorn comes to call, I hate to put my faith in the hands of horse-hunters.

Return to “Off Topic”