This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Good News!

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Good News!

Postby Bigdog » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:47 pm

Just got an e-mail from Albie! For those of you not familiar with who Albie is, Albie is the creator of the cub workshops which gave birth to CubFest.
He is doing well. The doctors have helped him tremendously and he has even been able to get out and do some work outside.
He has also resumed his accordion playing and it appears he is collecting accordions like he did cubs.
Those of you who know Albie - his e-mail address has not changed so now would be a great time to let him know you miss him.
It was great to hear from him and find out he is doing well. It sure made my day.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:37 pm

bigdoggy- I would like to know some history surrounding Cubfest and the workshop, dates, places whom,ect. Also did people like Rudi, Willer and John P. and Becker yourself and others know each other before the www or did these enthuisest practice alone and then find each other through www? I'm feeling like I've got many missing pieces to this puzzle.

I feel like I jumped on this train between stations and I don't know where it came from nor where its going.

It also seems as if the Cubs are stand alone affair with the rest of the line in the circle of collectors. Ex. People who are into Cubs seem to pretty much stick with Cubs and there a huge following with H's and above and then there's another click with A's, B's and C's.

I know this site has greatly expanded but the main focus is Cubs. I wonder if the same interest will ever spread to H's and M's? I guess it will take someone starting a dedicated site to see where it goes. On the other hand maybe there is enough already available to satisfy most appetites.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:03 pm

WKPoor wrote:bigdoggy- I would like to know some history surrounding Cubfest and the workshop, dates, places whom,ect. Also did people like Rudi, Willer and John P. and Becker yourself and others know each other before the www or did these enthuisest practice alone and then find each other through www? I'm feeling like I've got many missing pieces to this puzzle.

I feel like I jumped on this train between stations and I don't know where it came from nor where its going.

Bill,

I'll answer here because I think I'm the only one who has attanded all the workshops and Cubfests... except for the CubFest in the NE.

Albie Badarocco held the first workshop in 2001 at his home in western PA. It was his goal to get the ball rolling for other similar get-togethers in other locations. None materialized, so he hosted another in 2002.

This is the group from the first year. You may recognize some names.

Here's Albie playing his accordion at an intermission in 2002.

Here are some of the Cubs that were present.

Here are a couple examples of the up close demonstrations...
Generator

Governor

If I had a group picture of the 2002 workshop I could show you more familiar faces... Bigdog, Lurker Carl, SHAFT, LOMBARD, and I'm sure there were others.

We hosted the first gathering we called "CubFest" in 2003, followed by one hosted by "Farmer" Robinson in 2004, and the one you are familiar with at Stoutsville in 2005.

With all that said I hope others will take up the gauntlet and host a CubFest in their own region... whatever name you choose to call it.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:07 pm

Bill:

CubFest Northeast 2004 came about as an accident.

I was kind of wimpering about how I probably would not be able to get to George's Cubfest in 2004... when George said, do one yourself. The task was too large for me to take on or so I thought.., and to my amazement David Chown (who with his Dad - Alton own Chown's Used Tractor Parts where I buy much of my Cub stuff) stepped up to the plate and offered to co-host Cubfest Northeast 2004 with me. The rest has become part of Cub history I guess, and you can see much of what was planned on the server at the link above.

Two of our US Cub friends were able to make the trip for Cubfest, Lurker Carl Kurnas and Art Chester. We had a blast. There are some things available on the server about Cubfest Northeast, but I did not get the chance to upload much seeing as my health deteriorated quickly that fall. We are in the process of finishing the documentation of the workshops etc., to load up, but David does have some stuff on his website Chown's Used Tractor Parts

There were plans on the drawing board to hopefully have a repeat performance in the summer of 2006, but our major sponsor has passed away and his dealership is now closed. We hope to be able to eventually have another Cubfest here in New Brunswick.

Oh, Merry Christmas to all :!: Hope Santa was good to you all :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Off Topic”