Simple virus facts and risk prevention

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Tractors Owned: 1 -'58 International Cub Lo-Boy
2 - '46 International A's
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A
1 - ‘41 Ford 9N with a ‘49 8N Engine
1 - ‘48 (5641) Allis Chalmers G

Simple virus facts and risk prevention

Postby Lt.Mike » Sat May 09, 2020 9:03 am

This came up on our local Facebook page.
It lays out where we are with the virus and where it is headed. It shows how this is transmitted and how the risk can be minimized.
Many states haven’t seen the worst yet like we have in the shadow of NYC and it’s nothing to downplay. If your of high risk you’ve got real concerns. If your young and healthy you can still get it and give it to someone you love who is high risk. You don’t want that. Take precautions.

https://erinbromage.wixsite.com/covid19 ... avoid-them
Quote by Gary Pickeral I like
"If it can cast a shadow, it can be restored"

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Simple virus facts and risk prevention

Postby Bob McCarty » Sat May 09, 2020 9:24 am

One of the best articles I've read. Thanks for posting that. Another lingering unknown is whether immunity develops and how long it lasts if it does.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub "Bernie" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub "Boris" with Mott Flail mower

Postby Dale Finch » Sat May 09, 2020 9:50 am

Hit on some items I had already read, but put together in a very concise way. Thanks for posting.
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .

Postby coppersmythe » Sat May 09, 2020 10:04 am

Very good info , when we go anywhere these days for any length of time , we take the motorhome,( no public toilets or hotels ) . some intersting aspects of the concentrations of the virus . 52% of counties nationwide have had no deaths . 1% of the counties nationwide account for a large portion of cases . Crazy . http://www.heritage.org/public-health/c ... -19-deaths . coppersmythe...........................
Last edited by coppersmythe on Sat May 09, 2020 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A

Postby Lt.Mike » Sat May 09, 2020 1:32 pm

Well on our side of the country it came into NYC.
NYC is by nature crowded with everyone in everyone’s personal space. Can’t be helped. When this thing first started those that had money and homes along the Jersey Shore and way out on the end of Long Island in the Hamptons ran there with their families. Can’t blame them. Unfortunately they brought it with them and they didn’t isolate either. So around NYC and theses areas it blew up. In addition the Hasidic Jewish communities are constantly back and forth from Brooklyn to Lakewood NJ (our neighboring town) and they follow their faith and it’s demands regardless to what health orders are given. So they congregate even though they have suffered for it.
This thing is like ripples in a pond that radiates outward from a big splash. That splash was NYC and though things are starting to settle down here the ripples, numbers of reported cases are still moving outward. It’s headed your way, please don’t let your guard down.
I’ve seen people say that a very low percentage of people who get this succumb to it so we should just go about our lives. It’s only .1% that’s like what the flu takes.
Truth is that .1% may represent someone you know and love. It did for me, I lost 3 friends to this. I have never personally known anyone who died of the flu.
Your all good people and I’d hate to think of any of you being affected by this.
We’re all in for some damned annoying changes but it’s temporary. It’s also frustrating because it’s not cut and dry. No one can really answer our questions on it. We can only do our best.
Val, the motor home option is a smart one.
That’s making the best of a bad situation and I’m sure each of us in our own way can use our creativity and still manage to live our lives well despite this thing.
So take it serious, stay safe, be happy!
Mike

coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .

Postby coppersmythe » Sat May 09, 2020 6:40 pm

everyday we all decide what "risk" we are willing to take . Flying . Motorcycle ( I have logged many miles ), my sister , a ER registered nurse , said the folks in the ER call them Doner-cycles :shock: ). A drive to the doctors can end in a deadly car crash . covid-19 has extra concerns . when i visit my mom at her nursing home , i sit outside on a lawn chair next to her window . hopefully most , if not all will use common sense , we wash all our food when we get home . crocs are left outside , everything in public is touched with my left hand , sanitizers in all vehicles . mask worn anywhere in public. its frustrating when i go to the grocery store and see folks "fondling" the food , no gloves or masks. Land of the free , i hope common sense , becomes more common . We have to think of others , not just our selves . KInd of like always . coppersmythe.....................................

Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A

Postby Lt.Mike » Sun May 10, 2020 9:19 am

coppersmythe wrote:everyday we all decide what "risk" we are willing to take . Flying . Motorcycle ( I have logged many miles ), ..... We have to think of others , not just our selves . KInd of like always . coppersmythe.....................................

All good points Val and I can relate most to the motorcycle analogy.
When I ride by myself I’ll sometimes take it well into the triple digits but with a passenger I ride easy. Risking my life is on me but it’s not my place to risk another’s.
In this thing if we risk our lives we do so at the risk of another’s. It’s unavoidable and the life we risk with our own will be of whomever we come in contact most with, our loved ones.
We’re directly tied in to doing the right thing for ourselves and for them.

Donegal Cub
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Donegal Cub » Mon May 11, 2020 7:47 am

Useful post re the virus Lt. Mike. It does no harm to remind ourselves of how and where we can catch, and how to avoid this global plague. :hattip:

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon May 11, 2020 3:58 pm

A friend of mine just emailed a comment, which he probably picked up from someone else:
I don’t like the fact that my chances of survival seem to be linked to the common sense of others...............

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Mon May 11, 2020 5:46 pm

Unfortunately, that is often the case. Coronavirus or not.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39
Circle of Safety

Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A

Postby Lt.Mike » Mon May 11, 2020 8:43 pm

Jim Becker wrote:A friend of mine just emailed a comment, which he probably picked up from someone else:
I don’t like the fact that my chances of survival seem to be linked to the common sense of others...............

This so very true, and from what I’ve seen we’re pretty much screwed. (Sorry)

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Tue May 12, 2020 7:27 am

Clearly, this goat and fruit were in contact with Covid-19.
https://www.republicworld.com/world-new ... -kits.html
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade