WHAT EXACTLY IS A VIRUS?

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

WHAT EXACTLY IS A VIRUS?

Postby ricky racer » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:40 pm

The following article was sent to me explaining what a virus really is. I found it interesting and thought I'd pass it along to those interested:

Johns Hopkins University has sent this detailed note on avoiding the contagion:

* The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (RNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code. (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.

* Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.

* The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam). By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.

* HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.

* Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.

* Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.

* Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.

* NO BACTERICIDE SERVES. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; they cannot kill what is not alive with antibiotics, but quickly disintegrate its structure with everything said.

* NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only between 3 hours (fabric and porous), 4 hours (copper, because it is naturally antiseptic; and wood, because it removes all the moisture and does not let it peel off and disintegrates). ), 24 hours (cardboard), 42 hours (metal) and 72 hours (plastic). But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.

* The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial as air conditioners in houses and cars. They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.

* UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the virus protein. For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect. Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin, eventually causing wrinkles and skin cancer.

* The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.

* Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.

* NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, serve. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.

* LISTERINE IF IT SERVES! It is 65% alcohol.

* The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.

* This is super said, but you have to wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.

* You have to HUMIDIFY HANDS dry from so much washing them, because the molecules can hide in the micro cracks. The thicker the moisturizer, the better.

* Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

lyle11
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 44236
Tractors Owned: 48 FCub
55 Lowboy
60 Lowboy
Allis Chalmers B

Re: WHAT EXACTLY IS A VIRUS?

Postby lyle11 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:55 pm

Very interesting. I noticed at Costco that vinegar is limited to 1 jug per customer, so people may incorrectly think it is good for cleaning virus contaminated surfaces. Or, maybe limiting the quantity is totally unrelated. We have been using alternate or home made “safer” cleaners for years like vinegar for some cleaning, or a mixture of water, rubbing alcohol, Dawn, and a little bit of lemon oil (essential oils) as a granite counter cleaner. Sounds like with the Dawn and alcohol it’s probably effective on the virus.

Not sure they make it anymore, but at one time they sold spray to spray down your shower walls after the last shower of the day that was supposed to keep it clean. I got cheap about it and started using diluted vinegar. A year or two later, the shiny metal ring around the mixer valve was looking pretty rough due to the acid in the vinegar. I never thought about that but, fortunately Moen sent me a new one free.

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1948 Allis Chalmers G
1947 Cub
1952 Cub
1940 Farmall H
154 Cub LoBoy

Postby tmays » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:23 pm

Laguage used doesn’t sound like something put out by Johns Hopkins. Of course, it could be someone’s translation. Not saying the content is wrong, just an observation
Thomas

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:32 pm

tmays wrote:Laguage used doesn’t sound like something put out by Johns Hopkins. . . .

Struck me that way as well. So I went to the Johns Hopkins web site and couldn't find anything similar there.

Then I checked at Snopes. They said the source was unknown but they checked with Johns Hopkins and they said it wasn't them. Snopes said there were several variations of this thing floating around. They said there were several inaccuracies but weren't going to go through them line by line because of the different versions. They did cite 2 examples of inaccuracies. One is not in this version. The other is the Listerine comment -- it is only 27% alcohol.

ajhbike
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 06405
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub
1950 Cub
1951 Super C
1966 IH 504 Hi-Clear
1968 JD 3020
1949 Ferguson TO-20
1955 Ferguson TO-35

Postby ajhbike » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:48 am

It has been clearly shared by the CDC....anything with more than 60% alcohol or any chemical product listed on the approved CDC and USDA reference listfor anti coronavirus disinfectant. I have read the virus is protein coated and fat coated so I err towards using both hot water AND a virus killer. Lots of bunk out there so the CDC is the safest bet.

ddlebail
Zip Code: E1N6B5
Tractors Owned: :
1960 Farmall Cub
1979 Ford 1700 4X4

Postby ddlebail » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:37 am

The OP posted an interesting article with several facts about a virus.

Unfortunately, the article was not from John Hopkins U as indicated, also it has been floating around the Internet since March 28th.
Although, the majority of the facts are true, and following them will assist in the prevention of spread and infection of a virus.

Below is the information about the article being misattributed, with the source cited.

COVID-19 misinformation claiming to be from Johns Hopkins circulates widely online

Message billed as 'excellent summary' of coronavirus information has no identifiable connection to Johns Hopkins, has been labeled 'misattributed' by Snopes

https://hub.jhu.edu/2020/04/03/coronavirus-misinformation-rumors-social-media/