This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pocket Knife

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Pocket Knife

Postby Eugene » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:14 pm

Lost the pocket knife that I've had for 15 or 20 years. After 2 weeks of looking for it, decided to purchase another one. Knife came with -

California Proposition 65 Warning. Warning This product can expose you to chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, reproductive toxicity.

Does the warning mean that materials in the knife are toxic or the can contents opened with the knife are toxic?
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Re: Pocket Knife

Postby Scrivet » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:37 pm

More likely a legal department mandate, "Plaster it on everything that goes out the door!".
Easier, faster, and cheaper than taking the time to see if it actually does or will.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:34 am

Scrivet wrote:More likely a legal department mandate, "Plaster it on everything that goes out the door!".
Easier, faster, and cheaper than taking the time to see if it actually does or will.
Probably pretty close to the real reason.

Couple weeks ago I received a special order drill bit. The packaging contained another California warning stating something close to, this product was produced with materials known to California to be a health hazard. Question, What is produced that some where in the production doesn't have or is associated with materials that could be a health hazard?

The pocket knife came with a 4 page instruction sheet which contained one short paragraph on the manufacturers warranty.

I'd better quit. I'm still waiting on my can of Starkist tuna from the law suit settlement.
I have an excuse. CRS.

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:16 am

Don't go to California with it......then you won't get cancer......plain and simple!!!!! hahahaha!!!! Calf can fall off the face of the earth for all I care!!!!! the big cities that is!!!
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:04 am

Topic locked. Rule 4. F.
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Return to “Off Topic”