This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Chigger!!!!!

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Chigger!!!!!

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:20 am

I rarely get ticks or chiggers either one. Normally 2 or 3 right at the start of summer and nothing more. For some reason they just don't seem to like me. :) This summer I have been mowing weeds in some pastures for my neighbor Jeff, pulling an old Dunham rotary Cutter behind the Farmall H my dad farmed with for 45 years. It would occasionally hit my right foot with a piece of a weed, and leave a few pieces scattered on the deck of the tractor, but I didn't think anything about it. Sunday afternoon however, Chigger bites started showing in several places. :x When I was talking to Jeff and mentioned it he said to put New Skin (also sold as NU-Skin) on them. It works good, though is best if you out it on the bite as soon as it starts itching, and before you scratch it. Applied quickly the itching subsides in 2 or 3 minutes and the swelling is usually gone the next day. New Skin is on the same shelf as Band aids in most pharmacies, Walmarts, etc. New skin comes in a small sturdy bottle that can easily be carried in your pocket without breaking, though it is a little more difficult to carry someone to put it on the places you can't reach.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Chigger!!!!!

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:03 pm

Clear fingernail polish and Super Glue work also.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Slim140
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: .
1970 International 140
1972 International 140
1949 John Deere A
1993 Ford 4630 W/Loader
1965 John Deere 110
1961 Cub Cadet Original

Postby Slim140 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:55 pm

By the time it starts itching the chigger itself is gone https://www.thoughtco.com/does-nail-pol ... rs-1968056
Every home is a school, what are you teaching?

Circle of Safety

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:02 pm

I haven't used it for that but we use Nu-Skin for lots of things. When I use to bowl, I kept a bottle in my bag to put on thumb and fingers to prevent blisters. It's great for boo boo's in places where you can't put a band aid. We keep some at home and also in the motorhome. I'll add chigger bites to the list.

mozer71
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22650

Postby mozer71 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:09 pm

A preventative is good. I have various cans of OFF, and all the others of high DEET concentrate. When the spray cans get low I puncture and fill a push type bottle. Chig and tic nuisance really gets me down. The hot yet damp weather begets Lone Star Ticks. They are very small clusters of minute tics which are clear at first. After you are scratching a while, the skin is inflamed and the tics are pink so you don't know the difference.
Horrid terrible things which appear to be a rash. Just like chigs, you need to shower, scrub and prepare your bedding. A couple years ago I couldn't even sleep right with all the itching. Used bed bug spray for awhile.

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:48 am

Keep them things down south.........not had any up here in my part of Ohio......to cold...thank God!!!!!
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Return to “Off Topic”