This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Lexiscan Stress Test

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Lexiscan Stress Test

Postby Eugene » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:53 pm

Have had a heart murmur for years. Medics send me in for a sonogram once a year.

Couple days after this years sonogram they put me on cholestrol meds and order a CT scan. Few days after the CT scan they order a calcium count CT scan.

Couple days after the calcium count CT scan I received a suggestion (order to get) a Lexiscan Stress Test. Started reading up on the Lexiscan Stress Test and getting worried.

Took me a week to get to an MD to order the Lexiscam Stress Test. Has to be ordered by an MD. The MD explained the calcium count results and ordered the test.

First part of the stress test is to lay on a table, wired up. No big deal. Then they sent me for breakfast.

The next/last part of the stress test, I'm laying on the table all wire up. Had to wait a bit for an MD and RN to show up. I'm thinking OH CHIT they are going to give me a heart attack. They inject something into the veins to increase the heart's activity. I wait, wait, 5 or so minutes. Nothing. The Tech asks if I'm feeling anything. Didn't feel anything, no pain, no increased heart rate, no heart attack, and said so.

Off comes the wires. Tech said he would send the results to the Medics.

No further correspondence from the Medics. My guess, nothing changed. Perhaps they are getting more cautious because of my age.
I have an excuse. CRS.

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator

Re: Lexiscan Stress Test

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:48 pm

Eugene, the doctors probably did a biopsy of your insurance cards, and found more money that they could wring out of them.

Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:12 pm

ScottyD'sdad wrote:Eugene, the doctors probably did a biopsy of your insurance cards, and found more money that they could wring out of them. Ed
Sometimes I feel like I'm a guinea pig for their experments, or someone to make their medical education loan payments.

Have top notch medical insurance, Tricare and Medicare. My gall blader removal cost me $19-. Insurance paid the rest. The surgeon's bill alone was $14K. Part of the rest of the bill included $1K for the nurse to wheel me to the hospital entrance in a wheel chair.

Dental insurance I don't have. I been in the dentist's chair so often I'm on her (the dentist) friends and family plan and was invited to the family Thanksgiving dinner.

Last Doctor's visit we talked about billing. Doctor said that they contract with the insurance company for $100- procedure. If the Doctor bills for $100- that procedure, the insurance cuts the payment to $70-.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:10 am

My regular doctor detected a slight heart murmur back in '14; sent me to the cardiologist. She wired me up and down, concluded that I had a mitral valve defect--wasn't completely closing. I felt fine. Told the doctor that since spring/summer was arriving, I had a lot to do, so we scheduled a repair/replace for Nov. Had several other tests to confirm the diagnosis along the way that year, but ended up with open heart surgery on Nov 7, 2014. I remember and appreciate the many words of encouragement and support from people here on the forum during that time.

Hang in there, Eugene.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:20 am

Stanton wrote:Hang in there, Eugene.
I'm hanging in there. Getting plenty of exercise, feel pretty good. Still working, metal detecting every chance I get, gym for a mile walk in nasty weather.

Not worried. If the MDs thought the murmur was serious they would have scheduled an appointment with a cardiologist after the stress test.

Reason I posted on the Lexiscan Stress Test was the progressive series of tests. For me it was a big build up, then nothing.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Donegal Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Donegal Cub » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:48 pm

Sometimes I just get the feeling that the medical profession don’t see me as a patient anymore, they see me as a $ sign. However I wouldn’t be alive today if it were not for their expertise. So Eugene we don’t have much choice but to rely on that expertise, no matter what it costs. So hang in there they will be helpful eventually. Best of luck with your future health.

Return to “Off Topic”