This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Injector Pump rebuild

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Injector Pump rebuild

Postby Brent » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:41 am

I have a Ford Tractor, I believe it's the work master series, late 50's vintage with the 144ci 4 cyl diesel engine. I looking for someone that can rebuild the injector pump at a reasonable price. The rebuilders I've found want $600-650. Seems a little steep. Anybody know of someone?
Always try the easiest thing first.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Injector Pump rebuild

Postby Eugene » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:18 am

Looked up the price of rebuilt injector pumps and rebuild kits. Kits are inexpensive.

Considering the tremendous price difference, I think I would purchase the repair manual for your injector pump, the kit, and give it a try.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: Injector Pump rebuild

Postby SONNY » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:24 pm

Whatever you do DON'T mess with them!!!----$ 650 is CHEAP---IF it's an actual rebuild by a pro diesel shop and bench tested on a special testing stand which not many people have. I have a 190 in need of pump rebuild and it would be over $ 1,000. for rebuild job and $200. more to have injectors tested, which is needed along with the job.-----Mine won't get done because the money isn't there to pay for it!----It does still run, just not right.
The biodiesel crap will kill the pumps in these older engines too,---I assume you already knew that!! lol!!! --Do as you like, but don't expect it to run after you waste all the cash on parts and the time of putting them in!! thanks; sonny

Return to “Off Topic”