Mosquitoes

Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:37 pm

I think it's going to be a bad year for mosquitoes around here. We usually don't have much of a problem where I live. Today I had the not so bright idea to work outside, bolting down a trailer floor, hundreds of nuts and washers, from underneath. So I parked it under a big shade maple. A nice day lying on nice green grass in the shade? I nearly got eaten alive. I did come up with a good idea, I went into the shop and got my big fan. Made it a little too windy for them to land on me !

Re: Mosquitoes

Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:58 pm

Come on Bob, they need to eat too!! :lol:

Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:47 pm

My father in law lived in northern Ar. (rice country). he used to keep a fan running that sat outside his door and blew across it to keep the mosquitoes from coming in with you when the door was opened.

Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:25 pm

We had 15 inches of rain between May and June. June was the 3rd highest rainfall in 145 years by only 0.10". The mosquitoes are awful here this year. Which is rare for upstate NY.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:52 am

When I was in never,never land we had a Mosquito land at the New Pleiku airstrip and they pumped 500 gallons of JP 4 in him before they figured out it was a Mosquito..........

Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:47 am

pickerandsinger wrote:When I was in never,never land we had a Mosquito land at the New Pleiku airstrip and they pumped 500 gallons of JP 4 in him before they figured out it was a Mosquito..........

:bellylaugh:

Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:28 am

pickerandsinger wrote:When I was in never,never land we had a Mosquito land at the New Pleiku airstrip and they pumped 500 gallons of JP 4 in him before they figured out it was a Mosquito..........

We've had them, big enough to ride, but they didn't need that much fuel! :lol: Ed