Switch to full style
Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Post a reply

Tragic Farm Incident

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:51 am

I don't know if this should go here or in the safety forum.
http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Hogs-Eat-Their-Farmer/Kdmevvy16UyBkMLG9yD0_w.cspx

Re: Tragic Farm Incident

Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:47 pm

Heads up Boss.
You're smarter than that though. :-)

Re: Tragic Farm Incident

Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:41 pm

I read this - I thought it was going to be about a tractor accident. This is way to weird - I'm gonna have to talk to Dad to see in his 94 years he's ever heard of such a thing.

Re: Tragic Farm Incident

Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Why do you think there used to be so many hog lots in Chicago and Kansas City.

Re: Tragic Farm Incident

Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:55 pm

700 lb hogs, that's 3 times the normal market weight.

Hogs to get much larger than 700 lbs. Iowa State Fair has a contest for the largest boar, 1325 lbs in 2012.

Re: Tragic Farm Incident

Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:28 pm

Maybe Soylant Green was really hog food after all. :D

Re: Tragic Farm Incident

Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:04 pm

happened a couple months ago also in PA, they thought the man had a heart attack while feeding the hogs

Re: Tragic Farm Incident

Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:11 pm

It happened here a few years ago, a fellow had a heart attack and died in the hog pen, he was partially consumed when he was found the next day. Pigs eat just about anything.

Re: Tragic Farm Incident

Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:54 pm

While I was a Deputy Sheriff worked a missing person/ murder investigation where we had to search a local hog lot. Informant said body was disposed of in the hog lot. Body would have been in lot a week at the time of the search. FBI forensic specialist told us all you MIGHT find are teeth. While searching that lot kept remembering the saying moms step dad always said if you asked where someone was "He fell in the pen and the hogs eat him"

Re: Tragic Farm Incident

Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:51 pm

I tried to see the story but it has been removed from the link has been removed.

My grandpa walked with a limp to the day he died. My dad told me he was attacked by a big boar and it nearly took his leg off when he was younger.

Re: Tragic Farm Incident

Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:47 am

Barnyard wrote:I don't know if this should go here or in the safety forum.
http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Hogs-Eat-Their-Farmer/Kdmevvy16UyBkMLG9yD0_w.cspx

when I try to open the link, it tells me error

Re: Tragic Farm Incident

Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:54 pm

Jack:

The link has expired .. most likely because the news organization took it down. Happens after a few weeks.

PVF1799 wrote:Maybe Soylant Green was really hog food after all. :D


Ken:

We should have asked Charlton about that... :wink: Not sure how many folks remember Soylent Green... pretty unnerving movie for it's time.

Re: Tragic Farm Incident

Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:00 pm

Rudi wrote:.....
Ken:

We should have asked Charlton about that... :wink: Not sure how many folks remember Soylent Green... pretty unnerving movie for it's time.
One of the first "recycling" campaigns. :cry:

Re: Tragic Farm Incident

Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:21 am

Rudi wrote:Jack:

The link has expired .. most likely because the news organization took it down. Happens after a few weeks.

PVF1799 wrote:Maybe Soylant Green was really hog food after all. :D


Ken:

We should have asked Charlton about that... :wink: Not sure how many folks remember Soylent Green... pretty unnerving movie for it's time.

thank you Rudi

Re: Tragic Farm Incident

Thu May 01, 2014 2:04 pm

He went to defecate and the swine devoured him.
Post a reply