Loading Ramps Up To The Job??????

Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:15 pm

Had a few thrilling moments this evening. While unloading my '57 Cub, the right ramp broke. I had replaced the ramps, just last year because the old ramps were getting marginal and I wanted to avoid possible breakage. :oops: :oops: Both ramps were in fine shape except for a knot, which I blissfully chose to ignore. :oops: The ramp broke right at the knot.

New ramps are in order and a means to fasten them to the trailer.

The rest of the unloading proved uneventful, after some creative maneuvering, if somewhat unorthodox.

Bill

Re: Loading Ramps Up To The Job??????

Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:31 pm

You be careful there Bill! :D I've got a couple sets of loading ramps. 1. A big set to put cubs up on flatbed truck, 2. A small set to get Cub Cadets up onto trailer or smaller truck. In both cases, there's a hole in the ramp and a corresponding hole in the truck or trailer body, such that a 3/8 bolt can assure that the ramp won't come off, especially important when unloading, since the tractor is pulling away from the truck, and something like a mower can hook onto the ramp and send it back and off.

Re: Loading Ramps Up To The Job??????

Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:37 pm

Bill:

Glad nothing really serious aside from a deep close personal experience with the pucker factor happened :shock: Steel ramps in the offing possibly :?: