This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Safety Advice

Have a safety tip you want to share? Did you or a friend learn it the hard way? Help someone else by posting your tips on tractor, farm, shop, lawn, garden, kitchen, etc., safety.
Forum rules
Safety is an important and often overlooked topic. Make safety a part of your everyday life and let others know how much you care by making their lives safer too. Let the next generation of tractor enthusiasts benefit from your experience, and maybe save a life or appendages.
danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety: Y

Safety Advice

Postby danovercash » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:37 am

Some sage advice about tractors from a friend of mine and Spiveyman's neighbor, Comedian Pam Stone:

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201204 ... ?p=1&tc=pg
Last edited by danovercash on Tue May 01, 2012 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Safety Advice

Postby Barnyard » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:01 am

Thanks for the safety reminder Dan. I remember my grandmother telling me about the day my grandfather was late for dinner. She sent my two uncles (Mom’s younger brothers) out to the field to see what was keeping him. A small storm had passed through earlier and they figured he was trying to finish the field for the day.

When they got to the field they saw his truck along the road and the tractor out in the field. They headed for the tractor and about half way they found Grandpa. They think he had gotten off the tractor during the storm and headed for shelter in the truck. Lightening had cut into his shoulder and exited out his hip on the opposite side.

I never met either of my grandfathers. Both were killed in farm related incidents before I was born. Never take for granted you are safe. It only takes a split second for something to go wrong.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Return to “Safety Forum”