This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Lifting safely

Have a safety tip you want to share? Did you or a friend learn it the hard way? Help someone else by posting your tips on tractor, farm, shop, lawn, garden, kitchen, etc., safety.
Forum rules
Safety is an important and often overlooked topic. Make safety a part of your everyday life and let others know how much you care by making their lives safer too. Let the next generation of tractor enthusiasts benefit from your experience, and maybe save a life or appendages.
grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522
Circle of Safety: Y

Lifting safely

Postby grumpy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:16 pm

Just thought I'd throw a reminder out here to lift Safely. On the 10th of Oct I was loading a guerney in the ambulance and we had 3 people lifting, but when I released the handle to fold the legs, the other two both let go to collapse the guerney and I was left holding all the weight. Nice hernia which was fixed yesterday and I'm doin quite well. Don't know if I can "sit" around for 6 weeks without driving the wife crazy. Painful but thankfully I have good drugs but am only taking half of what I need. Was just one of those things that happened, but won't again. Think before you (me) act. Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Lifting safely

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:29 pm

David, sorry to hear about that, take care of yourself and don't try to get going too fast.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:31 pm

Good advice Grump! I hope everything heals well and you don't drive the Missus to crazy. This is omething to remember for all of us since it isn't uncommon for us to be moving finals, trannies, weghts, etc, etc. We all need to take a moment to think about what you have to lift and find a helper when needed. And make sure that helper doesn't let go until you say so. :shock:

Maybe I better include a line about safe lifting in the CubFest safety page I am working on.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Eddie H
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: L5B1C9
Tractors Owned: '48 Cub

Postby Eddie H » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:44 pm

Grumpy,

had a hernia operation myself yesterday, burns like hell. The medication they gave me does not help at all, can't even walk straight. What kind and brand of drug you use ?.

Thanks, Eddie
if it doesn't fit, make it fit

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby grumpy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:27 pm

Eddie, She gave me Hydrocod 7.5-500M. Works real good but I only took them 2 days and been able to bear the pain so far today. Sorry to hear your in pain. I'm still walking Bent over some but getting better all the time.
David Dee Mock-Leonard

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby grumpy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:30 pm

Barnyard wrote:Good advice Grump! I hope everything heals well and you don't drive the Missus to crazy. This is omething to remember for all of us since it isn't uncommon for us to be moving finals, trannies, weghts, etc, etc. We all need to take a moment to think about what you have to lift and find a helper when needed. And make sure that helper doesn't let go until you say so. :shock:

Maybe I better include a line about safe lifting in the CubFest safety page I am working on.

Good Idea Barny and be sure to add that if somebody is helping to not let go until everybody is aware. Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Eddie H
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: L5B1C9
Tractors Owned: '48 Cub

Postby Eddie H » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:40 am

Thanks Grumpy for the info, will forward it to my Doctor and see what he has to say, then take it from there.

Eddie
if it doesn't fit, make it fit

Return to “Safety Forum”