This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

texting

Have a safety tip you want to share? Did you or a friend learn it the hard way? Help someone else by posting your tips on tractor, farm, shop, lawn, garden, kitchen, etc., safety.
Forum rules
Safety is an important and often overlooked topic. Make safety a part of your everyday life and let others know how much you care by making their lives safer too. Let the next generation of tractor enthusiasts benefit from your experience, and maybe save a life or appendages.
Ben B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24354
Tractors Owned: 1950 Farmall Cub post demo 108xxx
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: texting

Postby Ben B » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:26 am

Rabbit Holler Flash wrote:...I am a professional driver and have no tolerance for thoose steering wheel holdin Billy Big Riggers that are just in it for a buck.

I wanted to shake my fist at the guy! But, I wasn't in my CDL truck, I was in a railroad pickup truck. And, being a railroader that drives CDL trucks puts me in an awkward position with other truck drivers because most of 'em just don't like the railroad for obvious reasons. They think I've "crossed the fence" and went to work for the enemy. In fact, it was the other way around. The RR made me get a CDL to keep my job. Anyway...

If we get caught texting while driving, along with the big fat federal fine, we also get an even bigger fine from the Federal Railroad Administration, and 30 days off work with no pay from the railroad.

People just need to figure out that you just DON'T NEED TO TEXT AND DRIVE! I use a high dollar earpiece with my cellphone for talking on the road. And, I only do that because its necessary for my job, and because they require us to use a cell phone in hands free mode on the road. If it were up to me, I would leave it off! But, we gotta do what the boss man says.
1950 Farmall Cub post demo 108xxx
1964 Farmall Cub 6 volt 223xxx
1968 Fairmont Railroad Motor Car 2 cycle hit and miss single cylinder

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Safety Forum”